*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794313-After-the-book-festival
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#794313 added October 13, 2013 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
After the book festival...
...what's there to do?

me:

Survived the Montana Festival of the Book. Went to four sessions and they all were good. I avoided the poetry readings this year (in the past they have been disappointing).

Went to hear a group of Christian inspirational writers (all women). The presentation was great and quite funny.

Poetry and Influence went well; I really liked the Art of the Short Story (I asked Sarah Stonich whether she was ADHD; she is; it helps); Babes in the Woods: Nature Writing / Memoir was all women. Nicely different perspectives.

Thursday night was Sherman Alexie (full house at the Wilma, they turned folks away). He is a good reader, great on stage, isn't afraid to speak his mind and offend. I cherish his movie, "Smoke Signals". I have a copy.

In other not-really-important news... The U Montana team won its football game. This is nice because happy drunks are nicer than pissed off ones.

Also, if we get into the playoffs, there's an extra game!

In absolutely unimportant snews...

Congress still hasn't learned to play nice. Would someone please call their mothers?
43,320


© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794313-After-the-book-festival