*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789500-Odd-Promise-NOT-by-Dean-Koontz
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#789500 added August 22, 2013 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Odd Promise. NOT by Dean Koontz
Why do people hit the pedestrian button at the lights a heap of times? I've done it myself, but it makes no difference to the time you wait - not in this country at any rate.

Another thing I've wondered, being the inquisitive adventurous Einstein that I am, (read pain in the butt dreamer) is whether you get wetter running through the rain or walking. Is there a ratio of time versus number of drops falling divided by the area of your body times the amount of rain falling?

A third oddity that happened today as my dear wife and I were cleaning 3 bathrooms in one house, yes a large house, for a client. Three times, yes three, which averages out to once per bathroom, plus another forth time when we were cleaning the tracks of a double glass sliding door, she pointed out that I was "half whistling".

Do you ever suddenly realise you are doing that? It's not proper whistling! It's not loud. It's soft and has a recognizable tune, but it's a sort of breathy sound through lips that are making more of an "O" shape rather than a tighter knitting needle sized hole.

So I was unconsciously doing this repeatedly and pushing the limits of my wife's patience until she said to please stop. She asked me nicely and so I did stop.

I promised not to do it again.

We laughed a while later when I began doing it again without thinking. I belive it helps me pass the time and the song was the theme to a movie we'd seen called Wall Street: Money never sleeps.
The song is called Home; Written and Performed by David Byrne and Brian Eno, so blame them for singing such a catchy enjoyable song!

Hmm, I've just caught myself doing the whooo whoooooo whistley thing in my head here in the library, and was horrified to realise I was pursing my lips to actually emit this weird, distracted, dreamer, air headed, vague, stoner sound and foist it on the quiet online centre patrons. They wouldn't say anything or look at me, but I'd soon hear a couple of sniggers from people on Facebook or Twitter who were IMing each other here. I'd know their conversation was about me.

But that's just paranoia isn't it.
Noticing things like pedestrians pushing buttons heaps of times, getting wetter if you run or walk, and weird whistling habits; these things are the mind games of a split personality of someone, who has both voices in their head on drugs.

Home.
David Byrne and Brian Eno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jFQMxPtxw

I forgot and did it again...

Yes I'm whooohhh whooohhhing again. Luckky my wife isn't here. *Laugh*

Sparky


© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789500-Odd-Promise-NOT-by-Dean-Koontz