*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789157-For-Sale-Blog-Driven-daily-Reliable
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#789157 added August 18, 2013 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
For Sale: Blog. Driven daily. Reliable
Get to test drive a brand spanking new blog; every 24 hours!

One owner, low kilometre blog. Never driven in the rain. White, beige or grey dialogue box, trim colour optional, remote entry, onsite (WDC) warranty, no known issues but no text is included in the owners manual; you'll have to write your own.

I wonder if there is anyone else out there who doesn't like new things. You like the worn, comfortable, familiar clothing, shoes, house, bed, pillow, keyboard & mouse.

The worst thing is moving from a broken worn out item, into a new one, whatever it happens to be.

Moving wallets; You have to knuckle down to that tiresome chore of sorting out all the old reciepts, ATM slips, forgotten people's phone numbers, business cards that you've kept but never use because its all on your phone, a folded $50 note you forgot was there! (yay!!), worn credit or bank cards that you have to swipe a bunch of times because they're worn, two cards of stamps with only one missing off each, a coffee shop loyalty card with only two holes in it, some loose change, if I'm lucky a $20, $10 and $5 notes and last but not least a couple of USB Memory Sticks; one with my novel on it.

You sort all this out, and put it into the new wallet, but the leather is all stiff and unmaleable, unlike the old thick lumpy wallet. This one refuses 35% of the stuff so you have to fight it, jam it all in. Everytime you open it, its a struggle to get the press stud to line up again.

The terrible things we have to cope with in life!! *Shock*

Slippers are another one. I don't like them so I don't wear em, but someone I used to know had a pair for so long, they were so bad that he'd repaired them (used to be a nice green tartan pattern) with bright red electrical tape wrapped around the flapping sole. His wife was embarrased every time he sat around the lounge room in them, so she chucked them in the bin when he was at work and plonked a new pair next to his bed.
Wasn't there a hue and cry when he discovered these new stiff blister making uncomfortable imposters! He was so annoyed he scrounged in the rubbish and found his old ones...just didn't appreciate the things done for him.

So there's the new leather belt, the new car, new house, new socks, new job, new fridge.

See, everyone hates moving into new items. The hassle, the lack of routine for a while as you get used to things.

Toilet rolls are an example I hold up for all to see. WHO ever changes this without major reluctance? You will NEVER see it voluntarily changed to a new one in our household unless I or my wife take responsibility for the chore...

Anyway, it's time to move to a new blog. Cos this one didn't sell so I've given it away...

Sparky

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789157-For-Sale-Blog-Driven-daily-Reliable