*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789016-I-dont-have-the-answers-just-a-wonky-opinion
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#789016 added August 17, 2013 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
I don't have the answers, just a wonky opinion
A friend's status on Facebook;

"To the young guy in the shiny black Mazda blaring 'we are Australian' through the car park at Coles - every single person in hearing distance smiled hugely and it made my crappy day much nicer! You're awesome"

This had a bunch of likes and I thought, I'll put a link to that song in my blog. Because we need a cheer up; a patriotic group hug.

(next thing I'll be weeping *Wink*)

If you didn't notice lately, Australians need something to make us smile. Something patriotic.

Our country's leaders are the laughing stock of the globe.
Seriously, it's even made the US news.

The childish antics of their election campaigning as they try to outdo their previous wastefulness, stupidity and self serving lies.

Do you have any idea, of the current economic climate in Australia? Because I can tell you first hand. I promise to keep this short because politics is boring and a(nother) taboo subject.

There are few jobs vacant except high end ones.

Very little real training unless it costs $$$ that people who desperately need the training don't have.
Empty shops everywhere.

Factories and businesses shut down and gone, people lost everything.

Folks, I'm talking 120 year old family businesses sold up.

Boats full of people who fled their countries, (and I have nothing against people seeking asylum) but they fled to Indonesia.
Then they decided to leave there and come here.

I feel sorry for these people who flee oppressive poverty only to get here to Australia to then spend years in detention centres. Thank terrorism or the propaganda we are fed about terrorism for that long heartbreaking process.

I don't want them here because we need the jobs etc for ourselves. But I understand why they come and the desperation that must drive them to risk their lives, only to be jailed. It's not right. And I suddenly feel bad for being patriotic, for being so selfish for wanting a job, house and food in my home country, while others have nothing except a leaky boat journey and then the coldness of ponderous asylum seeker policy.

I don't know the answer to it all. But I point the finger at the country they fled from. Their home country. Why are people so desperate to leave? Huh? Tell us all. Why. It's because of corrupt, greedy, murderous governments that place rules, religious ideals, WHATEVER! before people's need for food, for FREEDOM, for housing and to be let live their lives in peace, dignity and safety.

While that stuff goes on, there will be people fleeing.
Are you proud of your laws and hard hearted attitude that people have to be forced to stay under your rule? Too proud to admit you are wrong in your treatment of fellow humans.

Diversity is good. And everyone has a right to their own opinion.

But if any ideal takes away people's right to choose, and gives them some self appointed right to harm others for no good reason, then that ideal cannot be right. Surely?
Is my opinion on these sensitive subjects such as politics and God too frank? Too honest?


Well, that's what blogs are for, as far as I can see, as a newbie blogger.

Ok, this blog isn't as short as I'd hoped, sorry.

Here is a link to the song by the Australian Band called The Seekers.

I Am Australian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22SPtCFck8

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789016-I-dont-have-the-answers-just-a-wonky-opinion