*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788548-Writers-voices-clamouring-to-be-written-into-a-scene
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#788548 added August 10, 2013 at 1:42am
Restrictions: None
Writer's voices clamouring to be written into a scene
Watching The Bill on Youtube brought to mind something that I've thought on often through life.

Fate. Murphy's Law. The inevitable events that happen where you are nodding, saying, yes, that's exactly how it happens.

Sometimes you feel that if you listened to your instincts or gut feeling at those vital moments, that you'd see what was coming a mile off.

That's how I feel about JK Rowlings Harry Potter invention, and her skillful design of her characters, names and scenes.

Everything feels so right. And her imaginary place names and object names, spell names, even Platform 9 3/4. All these have been so well thought out. And the things that happen to those in the story are beyond plausible, as if anything else would be pretence, a pale copy.

So, that's how I try to build my stories. Yet fact does seem stranger than fiction, so you can't overdo it can you?

I think writers have to be able to laugh at themselves and shrug things off.

It's the one thing where words don't come close to hearing a voice. With written words you can't hear the infinite changes in tone that can change everything, can reverse the meaning, or add such colour and diversity to the meaning.

And if you are a writer with so many scenes boiling in your head, banging on the back of your eyes, tongue and hands trying to get out?

People might have a thing about you having voices in your head.

This novel is well worth the read. Something completely different and bound to get your originality working

Broken; by Karin Fossum
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7025067-broken

Sparky *Smile*

Image for PDG Rockin reviewers sig
 
STATIC
When the curtain falls  (E)
Two screaming blurry worlds collide. Which one of them is the dream, or nightmare?
#1937284 by Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Paper Doll Gang Rockin Reviewers Group


© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788548-Writers-voices-clamouring-to-be-written-into-a-scene