*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788420-Fearing-for-your-life-No-joke
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#788420 added August 8, 2013 at 1:38am
Restrictions: None
Fearing for your life. No joke...
Not a very cheerful subject...but;

Have you ever thought you were going to die?
I very much doubt it was a joke...perhaps you could laugh about the life threatening situation later.

People sometimes say humans have a secret death wish. They have an inner compulsion to do things, take risks or adopt an apathetic attitude that severely shortens their life expectancy.

Perhaps we've all had our guilty moments; that time when you were so sick, or your job was incredibly unpleasant, your loved one left you.

I don't mean suicide.

There are times when the choice is taken away by circumstance.

In 2011 we had such an experience, a long story and we obviously survived, but it does change you.
There is a new perspective that you see clearly, maybe for the first time.

Life and continuing to breath, live, eat, converse and feel the sun, hear the wind and birds.

Those things are suddenly valuable because you saw the void, you expected a vast nothing to replace those thing. i believe in an afterlife but we seem to have a tenacious instinct like a powerful spring tightly wound that resists the idea of dying.

We want to live!

Maybe blogs are humans modern way of saying

"Ahoy, Death! I raise my glass of literary defiance and declare a toast."

A toast to life. Another blog. Another day being alive.

Sparky




© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788420-Fearing-for-your-life-No-joke