*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787856-Is-the-Internet-really-made-of-cats
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#787856 added July 30, 2013 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Is the Internet really made of cats?
I wonder what our neighbours think of us sometimes.

Our neighbours have to deal with some strange happenings here, of which I wont go into detail *Wink*, but one example springs to mind.

When we first moved in, after unpacking all day, the kids (a lot younger then) were finally tucked into bed, my wife and I were out in the garage in the early hours of the next morning, and although overtired, still very much awake and excited at buying our own house.

I decided to attempt to lift an ancient Chicago Bent pianola (that felt so heavy it probably redefined the laws of gravity), off the piano transporting dolly we'd used to wheel it from the truck into the shed.

The plan was, I'd lift one end, and my wife would slide the dolly out, then I'd lower the pianola to the concrete floor.

But the dolly caught and my strength was running out fast; I had to lower it but the timber underneath tipped the pianola over onto it's back.

With an atomic cloud of dust, it crashed to the floor, and gave out an explosive sustained power chord of every key the thing possessed. The tone was beautifully deep, and seemed to echo across the neighborhood backyards like everybodies' nightmare. At 2:00 am...

We didn't know wether to laugh or be shocked, and the pianola was undamaged except needing a good tune up of course.

In recent years a lot of gamer noise emanated from our shed.
Our daughter decided to rename our wifi modem / router one day and then forgot how she did this trick.

It's now named after the youtube clip called, The Internet is made of Cats!

Often we open the back door shouting HONEY! COME HERE HONEY! (the dog)

Then there is the calling of the cat. ROMEOWWW ROMEOW! ROMEOWWWW!!

I hope you have normal neighbors, but then, where would you get your writing ideas from?

Sparky

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787856-Is-the-Internet-really-made-of-cats