*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787603-Case-Of-The-Missing-Year
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#787603 added September 14, 2013 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
Case Of The Missing Year
Here's a prompt, some material for someone to use as subject for a story / novel, if you want.

Today I discovered that the novel I'd put online here at WDC a few months ago, was missing a chapter. Now how on earth could I put it on here and not realise there was something radically wrong?

The chapter numbers were consecutive, that's what had me tricked. Ok, it's not that I'm just forgetful or stupid (cough cough!)

So I discovered a few details written in a later chapter, then tried to reference some dates back earlier, only to come up with nothing. That part of the story was NOT THERE.

Only after searching in Dropbox and in cyberspace (hotmail) and on a couple of memory sticks did I find in an out of date version of my novel, the missing chapter!
So now it's back in there.

My point is ok, here's the bit for a story idea; what if all our year dates since calendars were invented etc and every day, every month, every hour etc etc seems ok, but one day someone finds a whole filing cabinet of stuff that they try to use as research material eg novelist? for stuff in the past, only to discover there is a whole YEAR MISSING. And it's missing for everyone.

No documents. No records. Absolutely zero evidence of anything happening recorded for that year. No physical evidence from that year. Example, no coins or stamps or paper currency, no stock exchange data from that year, no history books recording that year, no movies released that year, no car models, no paintings, no music, no births, no deaths, no marriages.

You get the picture...

Where it goes from there is..well, hey that's up to you. I'm not doing it all!

This blog is now over...isn't it? I'm thinking I should check the dates, check back through my Facebook posts, Twitter, check my tax archives...look in the family photo albums. Ok I know it's ok. I KNOW it is. There are no missing dates.

Or are there...?



© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787603-Case-Of-The-Missing-Year