*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787314-Carnivores-versus-Herb-Gardens
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#787314 added July 23, 2013 at 4:36am
Restrictions: None
Carnivores versus Herb Gardens
Vicki and back garden


Today my wife and I made a major life decision! Ok, not major unless you like keeping your herb garden at the back door, intact.
See, we have a young Border Collie / Springer Spaniel doggie who, though she has a huge yard to romp in, and the company of our old Labrador / Beagle cross dog, she still gets bored.
She's very intelligent and learns quickly, but we need to invest more time in training her.

Seriously, she's not a town dog. I was raised on a farm and I should know better than to choose this breed, but circumstances chose her for us!
We looked after some friends property and fed their animals while they were overseas, and in return had the pick of a litter of beautiful $600 pups.
Their son, whose name is Viktor, and has Down's syndrome, loved each pup and their mother. He felt sad to be losing a pup.

So in consolation, our daughter named the pup Vicki. The puppy grew. She came. She destroyed. Over the weekend she dug up all the garden, having buried bones there over the last couple of months.
She also pulled all the fluff out of a cushion, and an old doona (duvet / quilt) and spread that all over the yard.

My wife was not happy. So I was not happy. Vicky was happy.

So the major life decision was made, and we (make that I ) will put up a fence and a small garden gate to seperate the doggies from the herbies. We are happy. Vicky will need more walks and time down the beach.

Sparky *Smile*

Image for PDG Rockin reviewers sig
 
STATIC
When the curtain falls  (E)
Two screaming blurry worlds collide. Which one of them is the dream, or nightmare?
#1937284 by Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Paper Doll Gang Rockin Reviewers Group

© Copyright 2013 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787314-Carnivores-versus-Herb-Gardens