*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787121-Kokopelli
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#787121 added July 19, 2013 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Kokopelli...
...best choral group
...ever!

ME...

...maybe:

I really enjoyed the international choral festival yesterday.

At lunch I hung out with the Costa Ricans. Gave away some dollar coins as mementos. They are the size of a 50 colon coin. (100 colones and 500 colones are much larger.) When they told me the cassettes were $10, I replied: 5,000 colones?

And pulled one from my pocket (nice bright yellow bill with a monkey on it).

I paid in $ though. Bought 2.

Fun picking on a Ligista (a fan of the fútbol team from Alajuela). The tend to win but last season they didn't. Who won? I asked. The answer was Herediano (team from Heredia which is where the choral group is centered...). Ah... too much fun picking on Ticos!

At 2 pm I saw the groups from California, Taiwan and Estonia.

At 7:30: Alberta, Costa Rica, South Korea.

Everyone was great... but... Kokopelli from Alberta is phenomenal. They learn by doing rather than by a score. Do lots of folk music. They dance too. They astounded everyone with their entry. Quiet chanting with lumières. Later they let it rip with African and Haitian dancing.

Afterwards they went as a group for ice cream at the Big Dipper. There already were three lines out to the sidewalk. So... they started to sing and dance. An impromptu concert for everyone! So much fun. I stayed and talked with them and the group from Vancouver that arrived after them.

It's been fun. Today I'll go to two events. Tomorrow is the grand finale. Can't see all 16 groups until the end. One picks and chooses.

Ah... the joy.
41.922

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787121-Kokopelli