*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785589-Considering-Faith-Religion-and-Spirituality
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785589 added June 26, 2013 at 6:34pm
Restrictions: None
Considering Faith, Religion, and Spirituality
The June 26, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Describe a memory or encounter in which you considered your faith, religion, spirituality — or lack of — for the first time.


When did I consider my faith, religion, or spirituality for the first time? I remember three incidents from my childhood that involved me considering my religion. The first one occurred when I was very young, I am not sure how old I was at the time. I know it occurred while my parents were still married because I remember my father taking us to see his mother. We remained at Grandma Belva's house for at least a week. I know it was that long because we went to church with here on Sunday. I am not sure which Christian domination, Grandma Belva was a member of, I know it was not Southern Baptist.

Grandma, Mama, Daddy, my sister, my brother (I think this incident occurred before my youngest brother was born), and my self went to church. Mom holding a baby, my sister I was sitting on one side of my Dad and my sister on the, and Grandma next to which ever one of use was not sitting between Daddy and Mama. When Mom went to a church without childcare, she always sit close to the aisle. After the service started, some of the members began speaking in tongues, at the time I did not know what they were doing. I was fascinated by their actions, but it frightened my brother and Mom had to take the crying baby out of the church. I think this incident is what made me so intrigued by different religions.

The other two incident, if you can call it that, happened when I was older. My parents were were divorced when I had the dreams a few years apart. These dreams have remained part of my memory ever since they occurred. In the first dream, I saw Christ returning in the clouds. In the second dream, I was at my Grandma Mary's house when a neighbor girl came to the door. I answered the door and she said, "Come to the Baptist Mission on Sunday because Christ is returning." My response was, "No he's not because he already returned."

Faith
is knowing the sun has risen
even when clouds hide the dawn.

Religion
the light of God
shining through a prism,

Spirituality
the selfless
worship of the Creator.

Quote of the Day: “God has no religion.” - Mahatma Gandhi

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785589-Considering-Faith-Religion-and-Spirituality