*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785071-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#785071 added June 18, 2013 at 4:42pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
June 16 entry, even though it's about midnight here, I didn't have a chance to write earlier.

The weekend is over -- Yea! Normally one would not cheer the end of the weekend, but for  me, it is the end of the long stretch. It doesn't end with Sunday, however; no it ends with Monday. Friday is the end of my normal shift and I get home about eleven or shortly after. Then it's relax for a little while so I can unwind from work, and then off to bed about midnight  or twelve-thirty.

Then the weekend starts and I have to be back up by three-thirty to be to work by quarter to five. I work for about nine and a half hours then come home and try and get something done. I sometimes manage to get a little nap in, but I'm usually so tired, that I don't want to risk taking a nap for fear I may not wake up in time to go back in to get Rhonda. We get back home about ten-thirty and try to get to bed as soon as we can, but often it's midnight, again. I blame it on my internal clock, I work evenings and usually get to bed about midnight or one in the morning.

I have to be back up again by six, so about six hours of sleep. I work until about two or so, and then come back home and, again, try to get something done. On Sunday nights, Rhonda gets done about eight-thirty, so we are home by nine. I am so tired after only getting about eight hours of sleep for the weekend, that I am in bed and sleeping by eleven or shortly after.

Monday morning we are up at seven, and I have finally gotten a nice eight hours of sleep, but I'm still tired out form the weekend. I go in with Rhonda who has to be in at eleven. I hang out in town for an hour and a half and then start my longest shift at twelve-thirty working through to closing and getting done ten hours later.

That's where I'm at now, at the end of ten hours, on a busy night, feeling beat from the weekend, and looking forward to getting rested back up again. Hopefully I do not have to repeat this much longer, and can start getting a bit more down time. For now, though, it's work seven days a week, with the most hours coming in Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Soon, I hope, we will have a few more people training, and I can get a few days off~

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785071-Monday