*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784986-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#784986 added June 16, 2013 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Here we go again for day two of the tough three day stretch. Saturday is the worst, since I work Friday night and don't get home until about eleven or shortly after, and then have to be back up by three-thirty to get ready for a nine hour shift. Sunday is kind of a break, since I get home sooner, and don't have to be back up till Six. Also, I only have a six hour shift today, and will be home about the same time as yesterday. Tomorrow is the longest, with a ten hour shift.

Of course, that depends on how things are going for Cassie, too. Her grandfather passed away on Friday. She came in yesterday and worked, so I assume she will again today, but it is not certain, grief never is. I did ask if she needed time off, but she wanted to work, and said she needed the money. We will see how it goes today, if she isn't able, I may have to stay and work till five instead of two.

We really need to get a couple of people hired, so we are able to cover these things when they come up, but for now, we just do what we have to, and keep pushing on. So, with not knowing for sure how many hours I will work, I cannot say for sure if or when I will get back into here. I have so much other work to get caught up on, for my job and other things, that I just really have -- no time.

*Sleep*


Sleepy, but back home and feeling pretty good. It was a pretty good day, but busy. Cassie was doing much better today, but still hurting. She will for a while, but it was nice to see her smile and see a little more spring in her step. She was more willing to talk today, too. I know it's good for her to open up and talk about all of the things going on inside, but it does make it difficult at work.

For one, there is constant interruptions, and the other big thing, is it's difficult to respond. There are times when she begins to break down and cry, and it would be nice to be able to give her a hug, or even a pat on the back to let her know it's all right. But, being her supervisor, and having cameras trained on us, it would be a big headache, since most of the people watching would not know anything about what or why.

At least I get to see that she is doing better, and since she is more willing to talk, I believe some of what I say may be giving her some comfort. I know Rhonda is also giving her lots of support and comfort. It's going to be a tough week for Cassie, and next weekend will be a rough one, no matter which way it turns out. But, she seems a lot tougher than she looks, and I think she will be doing great here soon.

As for me, my feet hurt. Way to many hours on them, not enough sleep, and lots of miles. I have them soaking right now, in some mineral water. Maybe later I can convince my wonderful wife to give me a bit of a foot rub. It will depend on how late it gets after we get home.

Then, tomorrow will be the long day; ten hours of being on my feet and running all over. Good thing Rhonda will be there to work with me for half of it. I just hope it's a bit calmer tomorrow, and we can get some training done, and I can rest my feet up good. Then, if we can get a few more applications turned in, we will be doing great. I will have to put in more of my own time to interview and do paperwork, but if they work out and we can get some time off, it's all worth it.

For now, I am going to make a copy of my latest poem, and maybe set up a file or two and just tinker about a bit and see where it goes.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784986-Sunday