*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784824-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#784824 added June 13, 2013 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday.
How to deal with everything, that's the question. Even as I work on one problem, another surfaces, and then another. It's difficult enough to deal with one, two makes it a mess, but now a third and fourth. I just don't get it.

First off, we are short on help, so everyone is trying to make up for missing people. We get one hired, but her hours are limited. Another possibility that I could call, but the site management doesn't want him working there. Then, I have one out on medical reasons, and he will not keep me updated for anything.

He sees the doctor and tells me he will call, but then I don't hear anything. Right before his weekend shift, I find out he's out for another weekend. Do I fill his position, or do I hold it? It's not just my call, so I can't just say to hell with it and replace him. But, with three people out, only two to replace them and one of them very limited on when they can work, and we are still in need of filling the summer position.

Right now I should have six people to cover all the shifts, I have four, and one of them is only able to work three days a week. So, kind of more like three and a half. There just isn't any time off, and it makes a lot of work for me at home, which is off the clock. I think I put in about twenty hours a week at home for nothing, and then another forty plus on site.

Now we are getting nailed with being responsible for someone else's job. they keep messing up their part, and expect us to catch it. A real pain for us, since these loads are very difficult to count and see. At the same time, we have to continue to do our regular job and keep yard traffic moving smoothly.

In order to verify the loads are correct, it can take up to a half an hour, but at the same time, we are being pushed to get these drivers out as quickly as possible. Now, I have the delivery driver calling me on top of all the rest, complaining about how long we are taking. It seems we are catching it from every direction.

Just about every load is messed up, so if we look it over quickly, we are going to miss a lot of items and the load will go out incorrect. If we look close and catch the mistakes, the load will not go out on time, and we end up with drivers trying to back semi's into the yard while guests are trying to get out of the yard, and it's only a matter of time before someone gets in an accident. Also, the guard is most likely to be injured in the process.

What to do?

I can't get anything done as it is, except work and then go to work, now I have to get calls from the delivery company?

Looks like I will be going in to work early again to try and find what Menard's wants us to do.

And even as I contimplate this, the phone rings and another problem arises. I now have to replace another person. He gave his two weeks notice, but will be unable to work any of the two weeks.

What fun, what fun. Now, I'm going to try and work on a poem...

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784824-Thursday