*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784758-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#784758 added June 12, 2013 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
It happened again! I'm just getting in here, and I should be getting ready for work. There just isn't any choice, that I can see. I kind of slept in today, until eight, and then lounged a bit during coffee. I proceeded with a shower, a Bible study, and then lunch. This brought me to noon, and time to take Rhonda to work, and meet with someone for an interview.

I was on time, but barely, met with the individual, and did not even get to the actual interview. We talked a bit, and I explained the position that was open, the company and myself. He liked the shift, the days, and said everything sounded good to him but what is the pay. I told him and he declined, he could not work for less than fifteen bucks an hour, and would need shift differential for weekends and evenings.

That would be great, I would have no complaints myself. But, wages are not my department and there wasn't any reason to go any further. I was a bit disappointed, it would be nice to have the position filled. But, I want someone who will do the job right, and stick around for a while.

I did a bit of shopping, brought Rhonda some coffee, and then came home and did a bit of work. I also had to let my boss know I am running out of people to even consider for the opening, and that we would be cutting it close on hours again this week. I also had to tell him that Pete did not call, and has not provided me with anything for his missing work yet.

I included the fact that Pete has now missed three working days, and is doing the same thing another person did who is not there. Of course, Pete knows we are short on help and probably thinks I wouldn't dare cut him from the schedule. But, that is just what I requested, to remove him until such time he provides the information to the company about why he has been missing, and when he will be able to return.

I'm hoping they confirm, but since it is putting us into overtime, it is their call. I'm pretty sure they will say to proceed the same as with anyone else, and if we are short, to hire someone to fill in until he complies or to fill in his place if he doesn't. I will be hard pressed for any time off, but that's alright, I will do what needs to be done. I will have to work a bit to find a way to get another person a day off here and there until we have more help, but I'm sure I can work something out.

Now, it's get ready for work.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784758-Wednesday