*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784568-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#784568 added June 10, 2013 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Finally, a full night of sleep. I was running on almost seven hours the last two days; that is two hours on Friday night and almost five hours on Saturday night. Sunday night I finally got caught up and slept for at least eight hours. Also, after the weekend, getting up at seven this morning felt like sleeping in. To top it off, the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day.

I had to do a revision to the schedule again, so I will get home from work by six tonight. This is four schedules printed for the current two weeks. Kind of crazy, but that's just how it goes sometimes. The first one changed when Crabby quit, so we could cover her hours. Then I had to do a third one when Cassie started, and finally, I had to do a fourth one when Pete called in and would not be able to work the weekend.

Now, I have to call a couple of people and try and set up some interviews. If or when I hire one of them, I may have to do another schedule change. This, of course, will depend on when they start training. Of course, I have to wait and talk to Pete again to see if I hire just one more person, or two. If he is going to be returning to work, I can get by with one more person, but if he is going to be out for any length of time, I will have to hire someone to cover his shift till he returns.

That's enough on that, and it's time for me to get ready for work. I plan on being back in here this evening, after I take care of a few things after work.

Well, this is nice, I just figured out how to make this full screen while I edit. I have lots of white space, no distractions on the sides, and room, lots and lots of room. So many changes, and I just have not had time to try them all out.

Kind of like today, I was suppose to be done with work at five, but it was closer to five-thirty when I clocked out. Then, the manager called me off to the side and needed to discuss something with me, and the next thing I know, we are in the surveillance room, watching a tape and trying to identify some product. I was sure I had not missed anything, but everyone makes mistakes. I just could not remember, though, so we reviewed the tapes and looked, and sure enough, the product was right there, and i had not messed up.

After that, I had a little shopping to do, so I took a cart and got a few things, but could not find everything. I was right next door to Target, so my next stop was there, to find the items I had not found at work. I still did not find them, but I wanted to get a gift for Rhonda, so more looking and then finally I seen something I liked and got it. After that, I had to stop by work and drop off an organizer for the guardhouse, talk to Rhonda a few minutes, and then head for home. It was almost eight when I came in the house. So much for some time to get caught up on the pile of paperwork I have here. Oh well.

I will have to make time tomorrow, and get things done. As for tonight, I figured it this way, since I didn't get out of work on time, had to stay longer after I clocked out, and had to do a little shopping, I may as well just let the stuff go until tomorrow instead of rushing and getting stressed over it. Besides, when I was leaving work, Rhonda was kind of down in the dumps. She is tired, has not had a day off for a while, and has not been getting enough sleep.

On top of that, she is trying her best to lighten my load and help out with things, keep things up at home, and still do a wonderful job of keeping things up at work. She is just doing too much and it's taking a toll on her. Well, it is me, too, but for some odd reason, I tend to be geared more for this kind of stuff and it takes a bit more before I start to go down hill. That's why I kind of had to cut her off at work and tell her that I had to go. I was over my time and needed to get off the clock, I have things to do on the way home, and I have things I need to do when I get home.

Of course, she is missing me and just trying to keep on, keeping on. So, when I told her this, it brought her down again. She seemed to pick up when I brought her something to drink and said goodbye again. But, even though it helped, I had not bought her anything for some time now. I like to buy her things, just because, but with all that's been going on, it's just not been easy to do. So, today I decided to hell with it, I'm going to look around and find something she will enjoy.

Flowers are always nice, but she would not be home much to enjoy them, and they never last long. Knickknacks are nice, and she likes them, but I did not see anything that moved me, and she would not get any use out of it. So I looked and I looked, but nothing was hitting home. Then, I seen a very pretty house-coat she would enjoy. It's her favorite color, it's lighter, shorter, and cooler than her heavy one, and it's so soft and snugly, just like she likes. I got one, and hung it over the back of the chair in the bedroom. She will come home, talk and tell me about her night, and then go into the bedroom to get out of her work cloths. She may just reach for her robe, or she may go for some pj's, but she will not be expecting a new house-coat.

She does have one that is short and light, but it's kind of a see-through, sexy and seductive robe that goes over a very intimate outfit. It's not something she can wear around the house and outside without flashing everyone. The new one I got for her is short and sexy, but it's not too revealing and should cover her so she can wear it inside and out. And now, it's about time to go get her, give her a ride home, and watch her surprise when she finds her gift.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784568-Monday