*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784002-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#784002 added June 1, 2013 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Another wet day. But, that should keep things a little slower at work, and that can be a good thing. Especially right now. I have to get ready to go in, but I should get some time this afternoon, after work. Just in case, though, I wanted to get started in here so I get the right date for my entry.

I'm glad I did, too. What a day this has turned out to be. It started out just fine, and I was hoping it would be a quiet day since tomorrow is going to start the hectic schedule for us. It was slow, and I had plenty of time to talk to Bob (not his real name) about a few minor issues. Everything went well, and the day progressed, slow but steady for yard traffic. Bob had some medical issues a week back, but didn't know the outcome of his tests, but when his doctor came through the yard, he learned enough to be very down after.

He will not be working tomorrow, so  I will have to go in at 8:00 instead of 11:00. It's going to be a long day, too since Rhonda works until 8:00 tomorrow night, and I will probably just stay in town. I may just go over and visit my brother for a while. We are already short and going over on hours, this will set us back even more. I don't know if it will just be tomorrow or if it will be more time missed for Bob. I hope we can find and hire someone quick.

That was still not the worst part. It got busy and crazy at work this afternoon, and we got pretty backed up a few times, but that wasn't it, either. Even with the busy day and the added hours, I was taking it in stride and it was a great day. Well, except I had to work and the weather isn't the best. But, it's not snowing and I was working with Rhonda, so a good day.

Then, at the end of my shift, I took Crabby's stuff up front, since she quit on me yesterday. I sent her a short text stating her stuff was at front desk and that was that. On my way home, I get a text back from her, with some haha's and something about not having the skills to be a supervisor, etc.... But even that would not have bothered me, the part that kind of crashed the day was the threat she sent with it.

I don't know if it's serious or not, but it sounds like she is planning to purger herself and say I grabbed another guard, or maybe struck her, I don't know. I don't know how much of a problem she could cause or anything, or if she is even going to go through with anything. She may just be trying to intimidate me. I can only wait and see, but as a precaution, I did forward the test to my boss and will keep them informed.

I will also keep an eye out and watch for trouble, and have Rhonda do the same. I hope it just blows itself out, but who knows.

Well, that's that, and now it's on to other things.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784002-Saturday