*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783906-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#783906 added May 30, 2013 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It's Thursday, May 30 and I'm late again tonight. Not so late as to mess up the dates on my entry, but close. It's 10:10 my time and I'm just getting in here. It's kind of sad, since this was my goal for this afternoon, to get in here and read, review, and maybe even write a bit, since it's my day off.

I was off yesterday, too, but spent the day working on the lawn and the evening watching the fire; we burned a brush pile and old stump. That's why I had intended to come in here and spend some time today, but I had forgotten to send an e-report off that was due yesterday, so I went in and took care of that, then I had to do up the schedule, and send that. It wouldn't be bad, if the schedule ever repeated, like it should, but it seems every two weeks I have to come up with a bunch of changes to make things work. After, I went through my email and worked on another report on an employee, then remembered the rain coats.

So, after I got a good deal done on my report, I went in and sent another email off about the raincoat situation, then I went into the fitness sight and made a few comments. I didn't stick around to log anything, but I will go back and do that later. I have more time there, they are on the other coast and I can get an extra two hours to log there and still have it count as today.

Then, it was a quick browse through FB and a few comments after getting updated on the current state of affairs of my friends and family who are in FB, too. After that, I logged in here to find another c-note congratulating me on my promotion to Preferred Author, so I wrote her back a thank you. Then, I looked at a few ports and then, I finally got in here to journal.

Oh, I should mention that I lost some time when I was using Outlook and it became unresponsive. It does that every once in a while, but I don't know why. This time, I got tired of waiting for it, couldn't get it to shut down, and it was bogging the laptop down so bad I could not do anything else, so I unplugged the power and pulled the battery.

Of course, this crashed Windows, so I had to start back up in Safe-Mode and clean a few things up, then restart and finish what I was working on. Speaking of that, it did it to me again tonight, when i set up a few new mail rules. I had set up a new folder to have certain work mail I send moved into, so I can save them for future reference, if needed. While creating a new folder, I seen a journal listed, but could not find it in my actual Outlook.

It was while I was looking for the link to take me into the journal that it became unresponsive again. I waited for a while, got some coffee, set up a few things on my wife's computer, then finally opened Task Manager and ended the program from there. Even that was slow going, and I do not know why it bogs me down so bad sometimes.

Other than working from home a great deal of the day, it was a pretty good day. It was warm, no rain but overcast, and very windy. I was suppose to go in and do some fishing with my brother today, but the weather put that out of the question. Even that was good, though since I wanted to get some of that other work done for work, and also get in here for a while.

It didn't work out that way, but hopefully tomorrow, after work, I can spend some time here.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783906-Thursday