*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783829-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#783829 added May 30, 2013 at 12:34am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
May 29, even though the date on my entry will be the 30th. It's eleven thirty here, in South Dakota.

I did not have a chance to get in here earlier today, so I'm writing this kind of late tonight. It's not work for a change, well not work at my job. It was work, but at home, and it was much needed. We mowed down the grass today, all two foot of it. It's only been a week, and it's already close to two feet high.

I slept in this morning and didn't get up till almost eleven. I was pretty run down from the weekend, and from the stress and problems at work. So, Rhonda decided to turn the alarm off this morning and just sleep till we wake up. Of course, we were up kind of late last night, so it wasn't a lot of sleep, but still nine hours.

It was overcast today, so we wanted to get the grass mowed before it rained. We failed. We barely got started and it was drizzling a little. Then, it rained harder so i parked the rider and went to tell Rhonda. By this time, it had almost stopped, so we continued mowing. It was slow going being so tall, and then getting it wetter slowed us to a crawl.

About half way done, it down poured. We got drenched, and by the time we got the mowers put away and in the house, I was soaked. I cleaned up after stripping down, and put on some boxers to lounge in, and it had almost stopped. So, we put on dry cloths and went back at it. After I finally got the last pass done, I dripped the deck one notch and started mowing it all over. The second pass went faster, and it looked a lot better.

While Rhonda finished up with the trim work, I started the brush pile burning and soon she joined me and we got rid of most of the brush and most of the willow stump. I was surprised it burned as good as it did, since we had so much rain lately. If it doesn't rain tonight, it will likely be burning yet in the morning.

Next day off, I'm thinking of taking down two old willow trees in the same area we burned tonight. They are just the last ten to fifteen feet of the two the went down last summer in the storms. They are pretty rotten and should burn pretty well, I think. My idea is to gather as much brush and dead branches as I can, pile them around the base of the trees, then light the piles and let the standing tree catch. Hopefully it will burn it right down.

Well, it's that time of the night when I need to set back and watch a little Netflix with my sweet lady.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783829-Wednesday