*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783436-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#783436 added May 26, 2013 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Not much time again this morning, so this is going to be short. It's Sunday and I have not heard anything about the guy who I'm filling in for this weekend. He was out yesterday and I assume today, so I will be going to work in just a little while. It's going to be late this evening again before I get done, so I may not get in here until after midnight, WDC time.

It's almost ten-thirty my time, so I'm glad I got in here and started my entry so the dates match up. I know, kind of petty, but I just like it when my daily entry matches the date. Besides, it's my journal, I can if I want.  See, I live in South Dakota and am two time zones earlier than WDC is.

Today was a slower day at work, which was good, since I was moving slower myself. I opened again, and had another long day, since I'm working two shifts back to back. Yesterday was just over twelve hours working, with only two hours sleep, today was nine hours working, with a nice seven hours of sleep. That's why I'm moving kind of slow tonight.

Enough about work, though. There were a couple of other events today that are much more deserving of my time in here tonight. The first is the least of these two events, leaving the most deserving for last.

My sister, my big sister, and my only sister, is in the area visiting this weekend. I didn't know how I would get a chance to visit her, but it worked out tonight since I had a few hours to wait and she was just getting back to my younger brother's, where she is staying. I called, then ran over and spent a couple hours before I had to go back to pick Rhonda up.

Now for those of you who don't know (like any of you would know), my sister tends to ride me pretty hard. She always has, even when I was just a boy. She just loves giving me a hard time and getting me riled up. She always sees me as a sluffer, too. In her eyes, I must not do anything with any effort or any responsibility. In her eyes, always shirking responsibility and taking the easy road.

But, tonight she was nice, and didn't do anything to rile me up. I don't understand, but I like it. Well, once I got over the shock of it all. Seriously! She has done this for so long, I actually thought something was wrong until I had tome to think about it. I was kind of down and disappointed, like she didn't care. Of course, I came to my senses right off and figured it out, but for a few minutes, I was feeling kind of hurt. I don't know if it will last or not, but for now, it feels real good.

Now, for the big, grand finale... I was promoted! I logged in tonight and seen I had been promoted to Preferred Author. It was totally by surprise, too. I have not written anything for quite a while, have not been very active in here, and haven't done many reviews lately. Therefore, I wasn't expecting anything like this. What an honor to be picked from so many people, and so many that do so much.

I'm very honored, and want to write something, but I'm so tired tonight I know it would be terribly written, so tomorrow I shall reply and tell everyone how honored I am. For now, it's a glass of brandy and some down time with a very beautiful woman.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783436-Sunday