*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783275-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#783275 added May 23, 2013 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
The sun is shining, the wind is calm, and I'm up early on this beautiful morning. Six o'clock to be exact, and I was up and out of bed; hit the floor running -- for the bathroom that is. Acid re-flux. It actually started last night, not sure why, but I was not feeling very well at all.

I thought at first I just ate too much, but it didn't let up. In fact, it got worse as the night went on. I took some Tums and they helped a little, but just a little. I did sleep pretty good, but this morning I woke to the sensation of re-flux pushing up into my mouth and sinuses. I thought I was going to vomit as I jumped from bed, but as soon as I was up, it subsided some.

But off to the bathroom to spit up the bile and rinse my mouth out. Then it was some Tums and a little water, to get the tastes of everything out of my mouth, then back to bed. This was the best part, snuggling back into bed, and up to Rhonda.

I had thought about staying up, since I have a lot planned out for today, but I was not feeling well at all, so I slipped between the sheets, felt for my beautiful wife, and wrapped my arms around her as I snuggled her and she snuggle me. I was sleeping in minutes, perhaps less.

I woke again at eight, to the pity-pity-patter of claws and paws pacing the floor. Miss Klarissa, my wonderful friend, had to go out to potty. So, I got up again, but not quite as quickly this time. I had to potty myself so I went into the bathroom and drained my bladder down. Miss Klarissa was right there, watching and waiting.

I felt like returning to bed, but wanted to stay up, too. I asked Klarissa what we should do, and she turned to the door and stepped closer. "Uh, I think we should go outside and go potty," was her answer.

So, I opened the porch door and we strolled across the chilly porch to the back door. Of course it was chilly, I was still dressed for bed, so to speak, but in actuality, I sleep nude so, let's say skin pj's. This woke me up greatly, and by the time I reached the door, Mr. Hyko had joined us. I let the two dogs out, and they proceeded to do what dogs do, while I watched from the window. Only briefly did I wonder what day it was, then recollection came that it was Thursday, the paper boy would not appear at the back door with our shopper. I gave a sigh of relief, knowing I would not be caught in my skin pj's today.

I made coffee and spent some time in the bathroom, then got on the computer and looked at e-mails until Rhonda got up. We enjoyed a couple of cups of coffee and I looked at the happy birthday wishes that had come in FB already, then headed over here. I was thinking about going back to bed for a little bit, since I felt terrible, but I still have some plans for the day.

I was going to run into work and serve some corrective actions on a knucklehead and i wanted to get an annual evaluation written up, but they can wait. After all, it is my day off as well as my birthday. Besides, I can work on that later when I feel better. My biggest plan is to go fishing with my brother.

But, I felt so crappy, I didn't know how I was going to make the fishing trip. I couldn't even think of sitting in the boat, without feeling a bit unsettled, and I was so tired I could have passed out in my chair.

Rhonda was tired and mentioned a nap, which sounded to good to pass up, so I told her I would write a little bit in here, then join her for a little nap. But first, a couple of slices of toast to try and settle my tummy. I got to writing and she got us some toast. By the time I finished my toast, my tummy did feel better, and I in general felt better. I am not so tired now, either. So much for the nap, I guess. Seriously, I don't feel to bad at all, and I'm thinking a little fresh air and sunshine will have me feeling better yet. Now, if I could just get my tummy to settle a little bit more, I would feel fine.

I do think I will lie down with Rhonda for a half hour, then see if I am not feeling better when I get up. I took a tummy pill (not sure what brand, but they reduce acid for the entire day) and should be feeling better in a bit. Right now, my tummy's grumbling and rumbling, and I'm pretty bloated and gassed up, but I think it will pass quickly once the medication hits.

So, for my birthday, I got to spend the day with my beautiful wife all day yesterday, playing games and relaxing. Today I have my second day off in a row, something I have not had very often for over a month. And, I get to go do some fishing and enjoy being out on the lake on a beautiful spring day. Maybe I'll see you around her later...

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783275-Thursday