*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783002-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#783002 added May 19, 2013 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Sunday
The first day of the week, and the second longest, trailing Saturday by one hour. Even so, it will be nice getting home by nine tonight. And, I don't actually start work until two this afternoon, but still have to go in when Rhonda does. Hopefully we can get a second vehicle soon. Today is a little better, since she does not have to be there at eleven. Even on hour later makes it a lot easier to get going.

I'm going to head over to HyVee and get back in here after I drop her off, but I wanted to get things started first. Just in case something comes up; you know how it goes.

Like last night, we ended up getting to bed later than normal, and as soon as I was in bed, I had to get back up. It was hot last night, and very humid, so we left a couple of windows open. I stayed up till it cooled down some, then headed off to bed. There was a nice breeze coming in the living room window, and I was looking forward to a cooler night, and some fresh air. But, with storms in the area, I told Rhonda if she woke to rain, we would have to remember to close up the windows.

Then, into bed, snuggle and cuddle for a few minutes, and then she turned to go to sleep and draped my arm over her. No more had she snuggled her backside into me and the light show began. It was almost continuous, few breaks between the lightning. Also, the wind picked up and the rain began.

I got back up and closed the living room window just as the first drops began to hit the screen. The wind was picking up quickly, but I had the window shut right before the first gusts began to rattle the house on it's foundation. I went to the kitchen and closed up the window there, as well. That was on the downwind side, so there was a lot of air getting pulled through the house and even as I closed the storm, the curtains pulled into the screen and the pressure began to drop.

I closed the inside pane and went from window to window trying to see the storm, but it was too dark to see much. I could hear wind and thunder, I could see the trees bending beneath the force with the strobe effects of the lightning, but I could not see the clouds or enough of the sky to watch for the twisting and spinning that must have been going on. It passed in a few minutes and I was back in bed, resuming my comfy position.

But, even as I snuggled up, the next light show began. This one flashed and boomed, but no high winds, no train sounds, and i was soon lulled to sleep to the drumming of the thunder that accompanied the sound of the rain against the window. I slept sound, and woke early this morning to a gray sky. It's looking cooler and rainy for today, and that's fine with me; maybe we will have a quieter day at work.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783002-Sunday