*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782879-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#782879 added May 17, 2013 at 9:11pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
It was a hot and humid day, but it's turned into a very beautiful evening. I did a little work on the van after i got home from work, and I'm hoping I have some of the little things working right again. There are some bigger issues I will have to address, and they will require a bit more work, but for now it seems the little things are corrected, and I'm hoping they stay that way until I tackle the bigger things.

It was a busy day at work, but not overly busy and with two people, it went by pretty fast. I worked from noon till five this evening, then got to come home and enjoy this wonderful evening. Rhonda is working tonight, or it would be a perfect evening. Even so, it is nice to have the night off and get to just relax a bit. Tomorrows plans for some fishing have changed, but with the storms passing through, it's probably for the best. It will also give me some time to get the mowers serviced and maybe even the grass cut if the rain holds off.

I received a nice comment on my blog/journal from yesterday, and it kind of got me to thinking about a few things. One of them is the difference in language and structure. As an American, I of course write and speak in English. Even though it's not, it's American, since it has changed quite a lot from it's English roots. I like my language, but it is a very difficult language to learn, especially for writing. Also, the spelling makes no sense at all. From early school years, we are told to sound it out. Why? With silent letters, different sounds from different combinations, and nothing for even a basic foundation, it's impossible to sound out anything in American.

I say this, because I just read a wonderful short story that had all sorts of spelling errors in it, from an American viewpoint, that is. The truth is, I did not find any errors, although I didn't sit down and take it apart searching. The differences in spelling are the differences in language and usage. Some have an even more difficult system, some have easier; some are more descriptive, some less, but all in all, they all some to have some great parts and some parts not so desired. Why is it, that with math and science, we can have a universal base for everyone, but for writing we all have our own language?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying everyone should be able to write in English, and I think it important for citizens to be able to write and communicate in their own national language. But, for us who desire to be writers, why do we not have a universal language to write in, that all can read and understand? I know, each country would push their own, for pride's sake, as the best. But, what if writers could take the best parts of different languages, combine and arrange them so that there is an official language to write in, one that all nationalities would learn, so that we could interchange material in the same syntax across all borders?

The other thing I got to thinking about, was the comment itself. The writer commented that this, my entry, sounded like the beginning of a story. I did not see this until I read the comment, but it does have most of the ingredients to create a very good story. It could go in most any direction, and the plot is fully open to develop to fit the genre.

Yes, the ideas that come to mind, I could develop this into most any genre, and perhaps I just might. What struck instantly with the comment was a romantic, possibly even erotic story.

Well, now I have some ideas, thank you kindly. Now I just need to find some time to put it all together and perhaps, just perhaps, another story will find anchor in my port.

Also, in parting, I was left with this; "I'll leave with a G'day so that it's not a Goodbye. :)"

I hope you don't mind my usage of this, but it fits so very well. Another thank you, and G'day.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782879-Friday