*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782438-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#782438 added May 12, 2013 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Happy Mother's Day; mostly to all the moms out there, and secondly, to those called "mother" in a disparaging way. I've known some of each, some wonderful mothers who made a lot of sacrifice for children, and then the other mothers who made many others sacrifice for them.

To the first set of mothers, a big thumbs up. *Thumbsupl*  *PoseyR*

To the second set of mothers, here's a bums up. I think I speak for the majority when I say, "Kiss this!"  *Thumbsdownr* *Skull*

OK, so today is Mother's Day and I should have lots of time to write before going to work at 14:00 this afternoon. But, I will have to take Rhonda in at 11:00, so not much time to get this done. She was suppose to have the day off. I had intended for her to be off and had the schedule posted and set, but then, like so often, I get a call and woke up bright and early so someone can have the day off.

I would have just picked it up but, I can't fill two positions. So, the most wonderful lady and special mom I know has to work now. That's alright, we may be able to use this to our advantage and get some other time off set up in the schedule. I have this, and the fact that the same person is griping about the person they have to work with on Mondays and Fridays for an hour and a half each day.

Rhonda and I would enjoy a day off together each week, and two days a week off would be great, but that means I have to work this same person into a closing shift and she doesn't like that, either. But now, with today off on short notice, and so she won't have to work with the person on Mondays and Fridays, I can set her up to do one closing shift each week, for the time being, and she won't have much room to gripe about it.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but it's worth a try. If it works, we will both get two days a week off, and one of them together. If it does not, well at least we tried. That's all any of us can do, right?


"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782438-Sunday