*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782340-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#782340 added May 10, 2013 at 1:40pm
Restrictions: None
A Mother’s Letter to her Little Girl 5/12/13
My sweet Jadybug:
This mother’s day I wanted to start a tradition. I decided that each mother’s day I would write you a special letter, one that you could save and hold always, words crafted just for you from the most special place in my heart. I will read them all to you until you can read them for yourself and I will save them all, so that one day you can have a collection of special letters from me to you that will stand as a testament of my love and the blessing that was being your Mommy. And so, here my beautiful baby girl is your very first Mother’s Day Letter.

Jaden, you are blossoming, growing lovelier every day. I’m touched by what a nice, gentle friend you are, what a loving little girl you are to your family. I’m so proud of you, all the time, even when you challenge me with your new found defiance. You are fierce, you are brave but you are also thoughtful and full of grace. I love the way you listen to a song you like over and over again until you know it well enough to sing along to it on our car rides. I love the way you lean your body against mine when we read our bedtimes stories. I love the way you look when you are sleeping, those perfect, long lashes dark and soft like feathers against your cheek. When you are dreaming and you suddenly giggle and smile in your sleep, it touches a special part of my heart and I could soar with joy. Even when you cry those big, heartbroken tears I am captivated by how beautiful you are, how luminous those sea green eyes can be. I love our mornings when we wake up with smiles and laughter and have enough time to enjoy a long breakfast together. I love watching you help your Daddy in the yard, or simply just sharing space with him on the couch, just relaxing. I am so happy to hear your teachers talk about you becoming a classroom leader and how your thirst for knowledge inspires everyone around you. You are pensive and so intelligent. You never miss a thing, even at just 3 years old.

Jaden, you are the best, most wonderful thing I have ever had a hand in creating and bringing you life will always be my great achievement just as being your Mommy is my greatest blessing. I love you.

Love, Your Mommy

© Copyright 2013 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782340-