*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782255-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#782255 added May 9, 2013 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
May 8 entry, just getting it here a little late. Why? Because it's been one of those days. In fact it's been one of those days for over a month now.

It did not start out bad at all. It was my first day off in some time, and I was looking forward to it. The forecast was for rain and cooler, but I had intended to be in here most of the day, anyway, so it did not matter. I did have to get the van fixed today, that was set for eight this morning. We were up at seven, had some coffee, and then took the van in. It's only a block away, so we walked home and by noon it was done.

I was tired again, and so was Rhonda, so we ended up napping a bit, and then when the mechanic called, she got up and went and got the van and I slept a bit more. She had slept earlier, before I joined her, so we were even now. Then we had pancakes and after sat and talked a bit. This is when it started going bad.

It's amazing how ones child/stepchild can use a parent, then desert them, and when they feel guilty about it, they decide they are going to visit. the parent gets no choice at all, and it's not even for the parent, but for the guilt they harbor. So, in an attempt to maintain some control, we set up the time to meet and gave up part of our time together to pacify a thirty year old baby.

It was the same as last year, and the year before, and the one before that. And, it ended the same, with an invitation to for his mom (I can come along) to join him and his family (meaning his dad and her ex) at Valley Fair. It's always this way, not once can this kid visit with her without trying to get her to join him and his siblings and his dad for some get together.

That kind of shot my day right in the ass, so I went in, listened to his gas, and then stopped by work to see if the report I needed was done, it was not. Then I salvaged a visit with my brother out of it all, came home and sent in my incomplete report and went back to get Rhonda from work.

Now, it's time to turn in, and see what kind of crap tomorrow may bring...


"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782255-Wednesday