*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781922-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#781922 added May 4, 2013 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
The weekend is here; cold, rainy, and not very nice at all, but it's here. Not that it matters much, since both Rhonda and I have to work weekends now, but at least we get to work together. Also, we get done an hour early tonight and two hours early tomorrow night. Of course, only one of us works to close, the other is done about five. Today, it's me.

I did have to work a bit from home, but only a little while and then it's in here and online. I also have dinner cooking and have to go back to get Rhonda, but not for a while yet. I have Spanish Rice with Cheddar Worsts in the slow cooker, and an artichoke steaming on the stove. I never did an artichoke before, but I found some examples online and it looks easy enough.

I cannot believe how cold it is today, for the fourth of May. I don't know how cold it is, but it's plenty cold. I just started up my desktop weather program, so I will have the current conditions soon. It was windy, and that always makes the cold worse, but it's only thirty-eight out right now. Rainy, but still too warm to snow. Not by much, but I hope it stays above freezing and we don't get any snow at all.

Other than the weather, things are going pretty well. Busy, especially with work, but since Rhonda is not at Target anymore, it's a great improvement. She did not want to start working too many hours right off, but that did not work out well. Missy, not her real name, decided to make sure of that. Well I can't say for sure, but it is possible. Then again, maybe I'm just a cold hearted son-o-bitch.

She has been missing so much, and then into the hospital about the time she can't miss no more. Then, instead of getting things so she can return to work, she pisses around and makes sure to bring them in and contact me after it's too late. Not that it mattered, since it wasn't adequate anyway. In fact, it may be Missy swiped a prescription paper and wrote the thing herself. Then, after another trip to the doc and one to a specialist, she still has not gotten anything.

Today she stopped by and still did not have anything or any idea what's going on. She will see another doc about the middle of the month, but then again, will she get anything or leave us hang? She claims she wants to return to work, but then she works and making sure she can't. I tend to think she don't want to, and is just fabricating the whole thing. Why? Because she doesn't want to lose the job, but needs time off to work another one right now. I suppose the transplant will be next, that should about take care of the summer.

See, she has May about wiped out now, then in June she is donating a kidney, so that will be another six to eight weeks. So, no work in May, none in June or July, and then what, more excuses for August. Last year it was about August that she finally was able to work without needing to take time off all the time, so I suppose it is the same this year.

So yeah, I am a cold hearted son-o-bitch because she may be dying of brain cancer, have aneurysm or who knows what wrong in her head, and I don't buy a bit of it. Nope, I think she wanted the weekend off, and used the hospital gag for an excuse. Then when I needed a medical release, she tried to work around it. Finally, she produced one, literally. It wasn't good enough so she had to take more time off than desired, and that got her pissed and it's why she went off the handle at me.

Now, she has made other plans, so it's back to the bull-shit list of excuses, but it will run out, so better try and sell some shit to hold the job. If it is real, then she should not be working anyway. Maybe it's half and half, but still, she has too may problems, is too many problems and I really would prefer to replace her. If it's not all bunk, then better to get rid of her now before she has an accident at work, or worse yet, keels over and dies.

I'm sorry if that sounds cold, but hey, I don't need the trouble anymore. I've tried to work with her in every way, and she refuses and uses. Now she may be serious or it may be bunk, but what ever it is, I don't want any. I'd like to get rid of a couple of other's, too. One is almost as bad, or maybe even worse, and then there's our weekender. He is about as bad, or even worse, I have not decided.

So, if it was me, I would can them all. Just give me an excuse, which most have already, and that's it, shit-canned. Then I could redo the scheduling some, and hire a few good workers and have it all covered. A redhead, a blonde, and I already have Rhonda, a brunette. It would look nice, be nice, and I would enjoy going in to talk to them...

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781922-Saturday