*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781913-The-End-of-the-World-To-Be-or-Not-To-Be
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781913 added May 4, 2013 at 4:03pm
Restrictions: None
The End of the World To Be or Not To Be
The May 4, 2013 for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Do you believe the end of the world will come to pass during your lifetime?

Just to state the obvious, everyday is the end of the world for someone because somewhere on Earth someone dies and it is the end of the world for that person. Everyday is also the beginning of the world for someone because a person will be born somewhere on Earth and that is the beginning of the world for that person.

I suspect that sometime in the distant future, the sun will Nova or the Earth may get knocked off its axis or out of orbit and go hurtling into interstellar space or into the sun. Despite science fiction stories to the contrary, I doubt that any of those events will happen any time soon; at least, not in my life time. Therefore, I probably have more to worry about concerning someone pulling up in the lane beside me and putting a bullet through my head because the other drive believes me to be someone else then I do concerning the world coming to an end. It is also possible for me to be killed in a traffic accident because someone in a car puts a bullet through the front window of another car, but I do not think I have to worry about the world coming to an end.

The end of the world a scary proposition,
comes up every millennium or so
just to frighten
otherwise logical
and well adjusted human beings
into doing something stupid.

The end of the world Quote of the Day: "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly." - Richard Bach


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781913-The-End-of-the-World-To-Be-or-Not-To-Be