*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781534-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#781534 added April 28, 2013 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
The start of a new week, and the end of the current month. I'm hoping the new week brings good news on the situation at work as much as the end of this month brings an end to some of the other problems at work. Fanciful wishing, I'm sure. At least the week part has a good chance of ending an almost constant headache and problem.

My boss should be contacting me on Monday or Tuesday with some information on the worker who doesn't want to work, doesn't want to follow policy, and who doesn't want to provide needed information so she can work. She went into an hysterical fit on Friday, because I asked for something so that I could keep her working. Nothing troublesome, just work restrictions so that she does not complicate her condition. Of course, it started when I needed a release so she could return to work after being hospitalized.

Like I said, she has not wanted to work extra when she could, she would not come in during bad weather, and she insisted on taking days off during almost every two week schedule, she did not want to work. Next was the medical problems, always informing me she would need more time off, maybe months, but not sure when. She did not want to work. Then she was in the hospital and needed something on the order of a return to work form, so we could be sure working working would not cause injury or damage, worsen her condition, or endanger her.

Also, on the part of the company we work at, and the one we work for, legal issues if she was not able to work or do certain aspects of the job. I did explain all this, as well as needing the information so that we could work with her to keep her on the job. I emphasized this part, that it was mostly to know what conditions she could work and how to meet them. She refused to get the information, and what she did get did not say she could work, if there were any restrictions, or if there were any special needs. It only stated she could return to work on 4/24 if she felt up to it. Again, she did not want to work.

Now, I should also say, that the paper she did supply did look pretty bogus. It was very close to her handwriting, it was very vague and it was withheld from me half a week after she got it. She was also asked to call me right away when she talked to the doctor about getting it. She waited four days to call. This put the note on my first day off, and the call on my second. I would not have been able to do much of anything till the end of the week, almost making certain she would not work until the following week. Again, she just did not want to work. Now, it's very probable, she won't have a job and won't have to work.

As for me, I wait. I will find out soon enough, and I'm pretty sure of the answer, but one never knows. If she is gone, I will be able to hire and get the schedule back to having some time off with my wife. Until then, it is looking like we will work opposite each other and not have any days off together until something is resolved. We will at least work together on weekends. Once I know for sure what the decision is, I can schedule things for a new person once they are hired, or for the deadbeat who does not want to work in accordance to my directives. If that later is the case, she will be complaining and missing even more work, until she does lose her job. I'm putting my money on the other side, she will be gone and I will be training someone in.

Now, it's time to get ready for work and head out. I get to work with Rhonda for a few hours, then she is done and comes home. I will be done earlier tonight and should be home by nine.  I'm looking forward to getting some time off, getting some time with my lady, and having at least part of this mess done with. Of course, their is always someone ready to jump in and take the position of problem child.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781534-Sunday