*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781031-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#781031 added April 21, 2013 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Yesterday I had mentioned that things are looking up. How fast that can change is just amazing.

I didn't have a lot of time to write yesterday, but was going to do some today since I had the day off. After finishing my journal, I began to get ready for work. Rhonda had already started getting stuff ready for me, and in putting my phone away she seen a voice message. It had come in the night before, while I was at work. Since we cannot have our phones at work, I stuff mine in my pack, turned off or at least the ringer is turned off.

I try to remember to check it after work, but not feeling the best, tired, and since Rhonda was there to pick me up, my phone just did not get taken out. Not until Rhonda checked it yesterday and found the message. The message was from one of the guards, and they had left a voice message.  I listened to it, and found that one of her daughters had called to let me know that her mom was in the hospital.

So, I had to finish getting ready for work and now Rhonda had to get ready, too. I called back, but didn't learn much. The shift started at eleven, so we had to hustle to get Rhonda in, two hours late for the shift. Had I gotten the message sooner, it would have been fine, but I didn't. I don't understand why no one uses the home phone, and I have talked to everyone about this.

Today I get another call, just minutes ago. Again, the daughter, talks to me, not the mom. She is home now, resting for a few day but ready and able to work again by her next scheduled day, Wednesday. I asked what was wrong, and if I heard right it was a stroke. It also sounded like they were checking her heart, so it may have been a heart attack, but she said stroke.

I explained I would need a copy of the discharge papers or something indicating she had seen a doctor for her missed work. I also said I needed something to show she is released back to work, so I can keep her on the schedule. She wanted the fax number to send the stuff right to Sioux City. I explained I needed to see them and can fax them, but I need to see them to put her mom on the schedule.

I keep getting this feeling that there was nothing more than a hoax to get out of working this weekend. I know, that sounds terrible, but it just keeps taunting me that it is all just to pull the wool over my eyes and get more time off. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, but I will need to see something from her doctor before I will fully accept this.

Now, it's time for work, even though I'm off today. If the weather is bad, I'll be back soon, if not, at five.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781031-Sunday