*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780905-Styx-is-coming-along
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#780905 added April 19, 2013 at 6:52am
Restrictions: None
Styx is coming along
So, another chapter finished last night and the 120K mark passed. Six chapters left so 140K limit will be left in the dust. I'm sure of that. Now whether I have to chop, edit and rearrange or if I have to wheedle my publishers is left to be seen. Probably a bit of both.





Ok, so Walt is in trouble now and his girl is heading out to save the world with nothing more than a data pad and a few outdated cyborgs. Got to love it. This next chapter will be long, I already know that, but a lot of stuff gets covered that was started early on in the book. I'm looking forward to it but this one is going to take some time to write, balance and make sure I've touched on everything that needs done.





I'm trying really hard not to stress that word limit but that's what I get for actually reading submission guidelines. I've never had to worry about a word limit because most of my work comes in right at the 100K mark. Where the Forest Meets the Sea is the only truly long book I've written and it came in at 176K. And, yes, I read submission guidelines even though I've already contracted seven books and a short story through them. It always pays to be polite and follow the rules. The contracts give me that little leeway to open a dialogue about the problem if I can't work the book down to a reasonable length.





If you want to take a peek:


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1852655 by Not Available.






Let me know what you think. I always like to hear opinions on my work, good or bad. The only thing I ask is that you give a reason for "love it" and "hate it".

© Copyright 2013 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780905-Styx-is-coming-along