*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780467-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#780467 added April 13, 2013 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Saturday
The weekend has arrived. I am off work this weekend, but still have a few things to do from home. Not much, I managed to keep up on everything through the week, and now it's just wait for hours requested for the second week and then I can finish the next schedule. Even if they change what they want covered, it will only need some minor corrections now.

I also have to talk to a couple of guards about direct deposit. One I know is interested, one is not, and the other I doubt, but I'll still update her, just in case. So, today I take Rhonda to work in about an hour, then go talk to the one who is interested so he can get signed up, then it's back home for the afternoon. I will pick her up later tonight after work and we can stop and get a few items we need.

It's looking like a pretty nice day, the winter storm is ended finally. It was done officially on Thursday at 19:00 hours, but it continued to snow until sometime last night. Not heavy and not much wind, but enough to add to the mess we have. I would say we ended up with close to thirty inches of snow on the ground, and that is with much of it melting as it hit. I would not be surprised to hear we got over forty inches total.

Now, I see another storm system forming, and it may end up here by next week. It is too early yet for them to know for sure, but as of today it's sounding like it could repeat the one we just got done with. All we can do is wait and see. I hope not, I am tired of the snow and ready for Spring.

If we don't get Spring pretty soon, we may just spring right into summer. That was the case a couple of years ago, it was a long and cold winter that just would not end. It pushed right up into the latter part of May, then June came and the temperature shot up and it was summer. Not much of a summer as I recall, either.

I hope this isn't a repeat of that, it would be nice to have a grand season for work, for fun, and for the gardens. Last year was dry enough, but it was too hot. I worked and May wasn't bad, but by June it was nearing a hundred most days, and lots of sunshine; hot and dry. I didn't mind the dryness but it wasn't good for the farmers. The biggest problem we had was bugs. It was hot, dry and the pests were thick. Flies mostly, but gnats and stuff, too. It was warm enough and wet enough early on to get plenty of earwigs going, too.

They are some nasty looking things, but relatively harmless. They just get into everything. They come out thick at night and when it begins to lighten they seek shelter in or under whatever they can find. Every time something would get lifted up, earwigs everywhere, scampering for cover. If they could, they would crawl in it, and again when opened, scampering bugs everywhere. They even invaded the grill!

We would open the grill to use it and it would be crawling with them things. It was just a mess but it did not stop there. Once you got past the earwigs and had the grill going, you had to put up with the flies. They were as thick as the earwigs, but instead of crawling everywhere, they landed everywhere. Unlike the earwigs, though, flies bite. It was terrible to try and sit out on the patio, they would drive you nuts landing and crawling all over everything. It seemed you could not escape them at all, not even with repellent. It would work for a little while, then they would be back, pestering and biting, even through cloths.

So, the last few years haven't been the best for outdoor activities, but hopefully this year will be better. It was dry enough last year to help out, so maybe this year we can have a nice Spring, and decent summer, and a long and nice Fall. That just leaves a few months of winter, and we can hope for mildness there, too.

Now, it's time to get ready to take Rhonda in~




"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780467-Saturday