*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780152-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#780152 added April 9, 2013 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
This will be quick, and I do not know if I will get back in here or not. I'm at Target, and my battery is about done for. The computer will shut down anytime. I hope to get plugged in, and write a bit more from the van, but not sure if that will work or not.

I have to fill in for a sick guard tonight, we are in the midst of a big winter storm, and I may have to drive Rhonda home then turn around and come right back to open for another guard if he cannot make it in.

I have a lot to write about, but no time and no power. Hopefully the later can work out, but if not at least I made it in.

Mark up one for the home team, I'm back in for a bit. I have the converter in the van to thank, it's powering me up and charging the battery. I'm parked outside Target, but the wifi still works pretty good, and I have a bit of time before Rhonda is done with her training.

So, what to write? Well there is much on my mind. Fist of all, I had visions of things getting better. I would be on the first shift, Monday through Friday, in at five out by eleven and have more time. Someone was quitting and I would take his place. Secondly, Rhonda would take mine, so more time for us at home to do our things, the same amount off together, and an increased income. Now, he is staying, wants to hold his shift, and it's all chaotic again.

Another problem I hoped this would help with is the one I have today and had yesterday; duty calls. Yesterday, my day off, I worked over ten hours without pay. I also put about a hundred miles on without compensation. Then to top it off, a couple more hours and another fifty miles because of my own forgetfulness. Of course, working all day, up early and little sleep didn't help me focus and remember, but still, it was my blunder.

Today it started at 9:00 this morning. Again, up to the phone, but at least I had a bit more sleep. More good news, the person quitting is not quitting, but that is not really good news, since everything is already in motion for him to leave. A lot of hours and energy burned up for nothing now. Also, a lot of rescheduling and energy in keeping him on, so more work. Then, even before I get that done, I have another call, a sick guard. Sure she is sick, I'm pretty sure it's sick of the weather. Last night she was fine, today the big winter storm hits and she is out sick. No matter, except that I will have to work her shift tonight, drive fifty more miles in nasty weather, and still maybe have to come in tomorrow morning at 5:00 if the rads are bad.

So, Monday, ten plus hours and Tuesday, another ten at least. Out of these, five paid but none scheduled. Is it any wonder I'm burning out? So, what will come of it all?

That will have to wait until I have time to think it out, and have time to write about it.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780152-Tuesday