*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779541-The-daydreams-of-yesterday-lead-to-today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#779541 added April 2, 2013 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
The daydreams of yesterday lead to today...
...except they didn't. *Sad*

Partially sunny me:

The day is lovely. And I'm quite fine, thank-you.

But...

No, my daydreams didn't lead here to Montana. They wanted to live in Norway. They wanted to go to school in Wisconsin not Kansas. They wanted a garden...

My geraniums are blooming and I need to deal with bits and pieces (broken off stems and leaves) from jade plants before I travel. If the flowers are watered occasionally while I'm gone I'll have flowers when I come back. The jade plants grow very slowly.

I should be taking advantage of the sunny day.

In Costa Rica one can take the sun for granted. Not here in Spring. In CR it's always hot, warm or mild ...depending on where you are. Rains have their season but temperatures are fairly stable.

It's hard to explain weather to someone who has never experienced it. Kinda like pointing out to white folks that they are NOT being chased out of town. Without that experience the explanations do not seem to lead to understanding. Snow means nothing to a Costa Rican. Privilege (like White Privilege) is the absence of something ...like having to make choices as to what you wear in Springtime or where you can safely live.

It would've been nice to go to U Wisconsin. I had been accepted in the honors program but we had no money. I could've studied biology or switched to geology (I'm better at geology) and gotten a minor in Scandinavian Studies, graduated around the time the North Sea oil fields took off. Moved to Norway. Moved to Vestland. Daydreams...

Reality: I would so like to visit Stavanger this May.
40,538

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779541-The-daydreams-of-yesterday-lead-to-today