*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779162-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#779162 added March 30, 2013 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Trying to get woke up and moving, but it's still too early for that. It's not even quite nine-thirty for Pete's sake. I know, that's late morning for most, but not for me, not yet anyway. Working evenings to ten-thirty, getting home late and getting to bed in the early morning hours is my normal routine, so getting up about nine is early, often only six or seven hours of sleep.

We did try getting to bed earlier this winter, so we could be up by eight. It was working pretty good, since I was only working till nine-thirty, but then they messed up Rhonda's hours and started keeping her till late, some nights were after eleven when she would get done. That put a stop to that.

Now, spring has sprung, and I'm thinking it would be nice to be up earlier again. In fact, I would have been up sooner this morning if I could have gotten home sooner. I closed last night, got done about quarter after ten, but then had to wait for Rhonda to get done. They have been scheduling her to ten every night lately, so we both get done about the same time, often she would wait about fifteen minutes for me.

But, as is typical, since I had to be back to work today by eleven, they had her scheduled to work until ten-thirty last night. See, my hours during the week are five to ten, and I get out of there anytime from quarter after to ten-thirty. During the winter it was fine to nine-fifteen or so.

Rhonda's hours are all over the place, even though she is only available from one to ten. this week, so far it has been five-thirty to ten, four-thirty to ten, and then yesterday, three to ten-thirty. So, two of the days, our hours almost matched, but yesterday they were way off. I did start early, though, so it did not matter that I was there at three instead of five. Last night, however, it would have been nice to go straight home after work, since I wanted to be up early and have to be back to work by eleven.

But, as is normal, Target had her scheduled to work till ten-thirty instead, and then still did not let her leave until quarter to eleven. By the time she came out and we got going it was eleven, then drive home and it's going on midnight. Eat something and watch a bit of TV and it's after one in the morning. A little update on the schedule since I would not have time today, and it's going on two in the morning and so much for being up early.

Ah, but only today left of this week of madness, then she is off till Thursday. Then, Thursday and Friday I will be off, so no conflicts in schedules until next Saturday. Oh, and I should add, that is her last day at Target, so today we have a mess and then next Saturday. I can hardly contain myself.

For today, I'll leave about ten-fifteen. She will drive me in, come back home and then go in about three. I get done at five, will likely hang out at my brothers, hopefully doing a bit of ice fishing, then pick her up at eleven. It will be another late night for us, but we are both off for Easter, so can sleep in. All week, it should be pretty good until Saturday, her last day.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779162-Saturday