*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778825-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#778825 added March 27, 2013 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
The next chunk of time is now due. I just enjoyed two days off, and now it is time to head back to the grind. Only, the grind is not so much the job, it's all the rest of it.

First off, I would like to be out ice fishing today. Sure, I enjoy ice fishing, but I can accept once a week and actually, more than that conflicts with other interests. That is how i generally look at it, and what I don't tell my brother when he asks if we can go out fishing. I'll give one day with him, enjoy it, and then I just tell him I have this to do, or that. This time, however, we went out yesterday as planned, but my wife, Rhonda came with for the first time.

Not her first time, but the first time ice fishing, but the first time with me. She had not liked ice fishing, but gave it another try yesterday and we had a fun day. Only, we did not go to our regular spot, and did not catch any fish. Instead we tried a new spot and got skunked. I should say, my brother tried a new spot, we just rode with and went where he did.

That's why I would like to take her out again, where we usually fish, and then I know she would have a good chance of catching some fish. Also, it is nice out today. Nicer than it has been since last fall. It would be a beautiful day on the lake,and there are not going to be many of these days left for us, as the ice will go fast in the heat and sunlight.

But, there isn't much we can do. We have jobs and have to go work. It's just that our schedules conflict so much, we seldom have much for time to do anything together. The last two days, we did enjoy together and it's hard to let that end. On the positive side, she is about done with work, a week from Saturday will be her last day at Target. She has even less to work, seven days counting today.

She is looking for work, however, so we do not know how much free time we will get together. It kind of stinks that we are going into our busy time and I will have even less time to spend with her now that she has more. Again, there is a bright and positive side. In one month, one week, and five days, the morning position will open at work, and I will be moving from closing to opening. That means few weekends for me, I will work from five in the morning till around noon, and have the rest of the day to enjoy.

She is applying for a job that matches these hours pretty close, six till two, and some weekends. Likely it will be every other weekend. So, again it will be every other week we will have two days off. Only now it's me who often has to work one of the days we are suppose to get. With the new position, that may still come up, but not very likely to often. So we gain a little bit there, and we will have afternoons to enjoy together.

There are a few more perks, but let's wait and see if she gets the position before we start going into them. The main thing is not where she is going, it's what she is leaving behind. Low pay, no benefits, and a hectic schedule that insists on conflict with mine. In other words, a headache and source of much stress for little in return.

So, now I must run and take care of some work business that just arrived via text message. Seems there are some people who just do not get the concepts, no matter how many times it is explained.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778825-Wednesday