*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778310-Snows-Perfect-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778310 added March 22, 2013 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
Snow's Perfect Day
The March 22, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What is your idea of the perfect day?

a brisk spring morning
mourning doves mourn winter's death
rock doves are cooing

My idea of a perfect day is one filled with nice surprises. I went to Social Services to see if I could get help with the power bill because I had difficulty paying the bill for February and March. My brother had already paid the past due to keep the power on after March 21, so I figured all I would get would be enough to pay the part he did not cover. I would have been happy with that; however, I received a pleasant surprise. It did not seem to matter that my brother paid part of the because I qualified for the entire amount they will pay. They gave me two checks, totaling the amount I qualified for, I cashed the checks and went to the power company customer service office to put the amount on the power bill.

I got to the customer service office and encountered another pleasant surprise. I had to deal with a machine instead of a human being, which was good in this case because I typed in the customer name for the my account, the amount I owed was appeared on the screen and the message "This machine does not give change, any amount over the bill will be credited to your account." I put the bills in, the machine counted them properly and printed out a receipt with the amount paid and customer number. I now have a credit with the power company.

On the way home from the power company, my car started making some rather odd noises. It sounded like metal on metal, but it did not occur until after I took my foot off the break. I suspect it may be the breaks, but I know very little about how a car runs so it could be anything. Since this is Friday, I will wait until Monday to contact my mechanic, I am not planning to go anywhere this weekend. Especially since today I picked up my senior commodities allotment and a free loaf of bread.

I got two more pleasant surprises when I picked up the food. In one bag was a container of 2% milk and in another was a can of beef with juice. This means that tomorrow I can make sloppy joes and have a glass of Ovaltin. Today was just full of pleasant surprises, so all in all it was a very good day.

Thought of the Day: “She glanced down at the contents of her plate. Just tell him what it is. Simple. Look at it and say what it is. "Sloppy Joe," she managed.
"Hmm," he said, sounding doubtful. "May he rest in peace.”
― Kelly Creagh, Nevermore

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778310-Snows-Perfect-Day