*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778203-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#778203 added March 22, 2013 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I kind of like this using the day for a title. It makes it quick and easy to pick one, and it's nice when I look back to see what I had going on on any particular day. I know, the date is right there, but with my schedule, it's not always easy to relate the number to the day. Hell, sometimes I don't even know if it's a weekday or the weekend.

I see a lot of other things nice things around the site, too. A lot of changes taking place; not big ones, but very positive and welcome. I just seen an e-mail for some video tutorials. Those are going to be great. I know how to do some things in here, but it's not something I readily recall since I have not been very active around the site for the winter. I do find help and apply it as needed, but it's kind of long and drawn out where to even go. Then, once i find what I need, I apply it to the best of my ability, but sometimes I do not get it just right and the preview is not what I was looking for.

Then it's either reread the help link or find the right one until I get it right. Videos are going to help out a lot by giving a visual as well. Now, all I need to do is keep some notes on what I need to brush up on or learn, link to the video for proper application, and apply it to the site.

I also like the personal changes being implemented. It's nice to be able to add some images and covers to things. I have done a few, but need to get in here and do more, in time. I look at it as, if I do not have time to read, write, or review, I should not use up my time adding images. It's kind of a side feature to implement after I get back to the main reason I am here.

And, speaking of time; I again have to rush out and cannot stay here as long as I would like. I do enjoy being here, and I am looking forward to reading and reviewing again. Even more, I want to post some more items in my portfolio and of course I long to write new items as well. On the side, it's funny how I find I cannot write and create when I'm pressed for time.

Today I am off from work, like yesterday. Yesterday was a day filled with things that needed to get done, today it going to be a more leisure day. My wife is getting ready for work, but I will be going out for some ice fishing. I will drop her off, then run over to my brothers if he is home, or meet him at the lake if he is out already. I'm excited to try out my fishing shelter I just got, and the one we put so much work into yesterday.

It's cold out today, windy, and I will have to try and bring both heaters with. One is too big, the other too small. On nice days, the smaller will work, but I will need to purchase one of adequate ability for the shelter. I'm also kind of limited on room, if I take too much it will be a lot of work. I think for today, I will just take it all, but after I see how things go, I may downsize some and put more right in the fish shelter.

Well, I better get ready to go eat and get loaded up. I may write a bit later, letting you know how it went.

It's early Friday morning and I'm just getting ready to head off to bed. I did get out and do some fishing and the fishing shelter worked great. I have to learn to put the holes in the right spots, but I did pretty good. I got by with the little heater most of the afternoon, too.  It was still cool enough to see your breath, but it was comfortable with the warm cloths on. In fact, I took my jacket off and fished bare handed.

After the sun got low on the horizon, I began to get a bit chilled, so I brought in the big heater. I had both vents open and it was still very warm inside. I was able to use it, but it was pretty warm. I will have to get a heater in between the two. Len has one that worked just right in there. He brought his over and we used it for a little while, just to see how it worked in there.

I also have to get an auger. I tried sharpening mine, but it was no use. I don't know if the spoon is bent out of shape or what, but I could not get a good angle for cutting into the ice at all. I will try and find some use for it or maybe see if I can sell it. I will also buy a new one and have it ready if I need it. I could wait, and would, but if I do not buy it now I will have to wait for next winter and then the price will likely be higher.

How did I do? Three Northern Pike, twenty-five inches, twenty-six inches, and -twenty-seven inches. I caught the biggest and the smallest, Len caught the in the middle one. He also caught some perch and one little Pike he put back. I had an enjoyable afternoon and should sleep well tonight.

Sweet dreams.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778203-Thursday