*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778045-Blizzard-Expired
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#778045 added March 19, 2013 at 4:58pm
Restrictions: None
Blizzard Expired
Tuesday... The sun is shining and the wind is down. Still cold for this time of year, but it's nice out compared to the last few days. We just came out of a full fledged blizzard, snow, winds gusting over forty-five miles per hour, white out conditions, ice and snow covered roads, no travel advised; the kind of weather you just snuggle deeper into the blankets and wait for it to pass.

Only I had to work. Not my shift, I would have been there last night as it let up, but the morning shift so that the other guard did not have to try and drive in with the weather so bad. I got there early, trying to stay ahead of the worst of the storm. I got home, slept an hour,  I had been up all night before going in, and then went back to take  my wife to her interview.

While she was there, I went and looked at an older ice fishing shelter for sale. A person I work with informed me his friend was selling his, so I told him I may be interested. One hundred dollars later, I was showing my wife, after her interview, my new old fish shelter. It is in need of some work, but quite usable as is. I will work on it over the summer and have it in even better shape for next season.

Now, I have to get some more gear, an auger, some ice fishing essentials, a good heater, and then we can go when ever and where ever we want to ice fish. For now, I depend on my brother for his auger and ice fishing accessories. It's fine, but having my own would be nice.

I'm hoping to get out in the next few days to try this shelter out, I do have a small heater that may be enough if it is not too cold and the wind is not blowing. I do have a bigger heater, but I think it will be too much in there. I will have to try them out and see. I have the next three days off, so like I said, I hope to get out and try it out.

I do have to work today, but only the night shift, so it should be pretty good. I also had another fill in my shift last night so i did not work a double. I took an hour nap before going in to buy the shelter, took a two hour snooze in my chair before dinner, and was in bed by eleven-thirty. I slept in till ten-thirty this morning and am not tired. Nice. Usually I fill in the morning shift i have not slept, or only had a few hours, then have to work again in the evening and maybe get an hour nap. By the next day, I'm exhausted and it takes a week to get back to normal and rested up.

Anyway, I have to dress and head out. Hope to add an entry about ice fishing and a new shelter soon.


"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778045-Blizzard-Expired