*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777711-Impaled
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#777711 added March 16, 2013 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Impaled
Sounds like a good attention getting title to me. Perhaps a bit misleading, and then again -- maybe not.

It is true, I have been impaled. But, it is not all I will be writing about. I could, and probably will, give a few details on the impalement I suffered. But first, a little insight into my day. It is Saturday and my last weekend off for a while. I slept in a bit, and fully enjoyed that as well as not being awakened from a very erotic dream. I have them somewhat often if life is not basking me in stressful situations, but it seems that most are ended at a nice point by the rude bleating of the morning alarm.

I could go into the dream, it was quite interesting and very erotic, but that will be another story for another day. The key point is that I did not wake to the alarm this morning, and I woke rested and content with very pleasing memories and images from a dream. Add to that, if you dare, my sweet, beautiful wife, adorned only by a soft fuzzy robe, sitting at my bed side waking me gently with kisses and her soft touch.

She opens her robe to reveal large breasts, that she glides over my chest as she moves in for yet another kiss. From there, her hands trail down and passionately caress me, everywhere. More kisses follow, not all on my lips as she tantalizes me with her morning teasing. A wonderful morning as I sit up, kiss her again, and then slip into my own robe. Sure, some mornings we both end up tussling around on the bed, others, we savor the anticipation of what is yet to come throughout our day. Today, we savor.

The sun is shining, even though it is very cold out. We sit and enjoy a couple cups of coffee, talk, and then start our daily activities. She has to work today, I am going to visit my brother and do some ice fishing with him. but first, she works on lunch, I work on preparing a few fish that have been soaking in the fridge. One, still whole except for fins, head, scales, and entrails, is going to go onto the grill soon. Until then, it will be wrapped and froze. Two more are also cleaned the same are going into a salt brine until tomorrow, when they will be cut into chunks and pickled.

I am still looking for a good recipe to try, since I have not pickled fish before, and have been researching it some. I have chosen to go with a hot pickle instead of a cold one, to insure they are wholesome and fit for eating. I'm sure both are fine, but I am prone to go with the heat to ensure they are safe since I am new to this.

While I prepare the fish, my wonder wife is meanwhile warming up some leftover homemade potato soup and cutting sliced from a ham for sandwiches. She is using my fillet knife and finds the bone. I stop and assist her, and soon we are back to our separate activities. I finish before her, and am slicing off a bit of ham to snack on, but in doing so, I nick that darned bone again. The knife slips and goes further in than intended. Not a big deal, it's just a chunk of ham.

Unfortunately, I am grasping the ham, my hand at the very position where the tip of the very sharp knife comes through the ham. Impaled on my own knife. the meaty section below the thumb is punctured. Luckily, it did not go too deep. Deep enough, I suppose about 3/8's to 1/2 inch. No bone or tendons right there, just muscle, the cut is clean, the salty ham should help prevent infection, and it is not a wide gash.

Also, if your wondering, it did not bleed at first, so no blood on the ham or food area. In fact, it did not bleed until I washed it good under some hot water, and then only a little. It will hurt for a while, but nothing dangerous, and nothing disabling. It was an assault on my otherwise wonderfully progressing day, but a minor one. After the last week, I don't even think it is enough to rate.

Now, lunch is done, I will eat and drive my wife to work, then head to the lake and catch some fish. Maybe. If not, I will enjoy being out enjoying a fine day.

I hope everyone who stumbles upon this has one just as fine, or finer.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777711-Impaled