*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777625-Did-you-miss-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#777625 added March 15, 2013 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Did you miss me?
Gone for a whole day? Gone where you ask?

me:

Ate my corned beef and cabbage, green pistachio desert, orange carrots. Lovely meal for $3. It pays to be old!

Irises (miniature) are in bloom at the Peace Center. They join the crocus, dandelion, snowdrops, buttercups, grape hyacinths... and who knows what else. Snow is in the forecast ...of course.

Took a walk through the hills yestereve. We've had a couple mild days.

*Reading*

I finished the man who smiled by Henning Mankell. His character, inspector Wallander, haunts Ystad. I will visit Ystad in May.

They have been made into movies in Sweden and by the BBC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(British_TV_series)

You'll have to click further to get to the link on the movie series.

I didn't want to put the book down. Quite a pleasant and fast read. But definitely not to be confused with Nesbø's work which seems to me to be "literature", haunting, difficult to read because it is so psychological. Mankell's work is lighter in tone.

That said, I identify with the fog at the beginning. Very apropo for the trauma Wallender is dealing with.

I'm hoping to see the movies before I leave on my travels.

So there's the answer to your question: I was reading! Yep. *Smile*
40,181

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777625-Did-you-miss-me