*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777484-Escape-from-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777484 added March 13, 2013 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Escape from Las Vegas
The March 13, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?

I hadn't intended to respond to this prompt today, but after responding to the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt "War Chest Wednseday: Getting Away, doing a few reviews and starting a poem about spring; I decided I wanted to escape Las Vegas for a few hours or a few days. Not that I will be able to do that before the end of April or May, but that's what I want to do. The problem is that I don't know where I want to escape to, so I that writing about more places I want to go might give me some ideas for a short vacation, baring that, a staycation.

I want to escape Las Vegas,
I want to see the world,
I want to ride in a hot air balloon,
Over oceans and continents,
I want to fly to the moon.

Where in the world would I like to be right now? Anywhere except Las Vegas. Anywhere except the house I am inhabiting right now. As I've written before (at least I think I've written it) I want to go to Israel. I want to go to India. At this point, Timbuktu or Kalamazoo would be acceptable and different. I'm sure my problems would not go away on my get away, but just getting away would give me a fresh perspective and encourage creative thinking and that's really all I want a staycation or vacation to do.

This desire to escape begin yesterday, when I logged into my bank account and saw red. After calming down and telling myself several times "Don't panic!" I realized that between the money I had in my savings account (which is linked to my checking account) and the cash in my purse, I would have enough to cover the overdraft and the bank charge. However, this didn't dissipate my desire for escape and this morning's events have only increased that desire.

I overslept because I sleep with my cell phone in my hands or beside my pillow. When the alarm sounded this morning, I turned it off in my sleep. I'm probably the only person in the world who can turn her wake up alarm off in her sleep. Fortunately, I was able to get the trashcan to the curb before the garbage turns went past. Since I can't get out of Las Vegas, the next best thing is to visit the local museums, art galleries, casino restaurants, or the Las Vegas Zoo. If I visit the local attractions then I can pack light because the only thing I need is my local ID, my digital camera, and my pen and paper journal.

Why do I want to escape? I want to create new memories. I want to meet new people. I want to honor my mother's life by living the rest of my life to the fullest.

Food for Thought: Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things. - T. S. Eliot

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777484-Escape-from-Las-Vegas