*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777476-War-Chest-Wednseday-Getting-Away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777476 added March 13, 2013 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednseday: Getting Away
The March 13, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Where do you go when you just want to "Get Away"?

Where do I go when I just want to "Get Away"? It's been so long since I could just get away and leaving everything behind for 24 or 48 hours that I'm not sure where I want to go. Before Mom retired, before the Alzheimer's got bad, we would go to Disneyland or poetry readings in local coffee shops. Now, that I am alone, I don't know where I want to go. Perhaps to Disneyland or maybe Disney World, I think I'd like to go somewhere that has no memories of Mom and I having fun. Of course, I could change my mind about that in a few months and decide that I wanted to go to Disneyland.

I think what I need to do is start making some new memories and going to Disneyland by myself would be a good start. Going to Disney World would a good start as well. Other place Mom and I went were to the San Diego Zoo, the Las Vegas Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and Sea World. The easiest place to start would be the Las Vegas Zoo. I could also go to some of the places in Las Vegas that Mom mentioned she might like to go, but never got the chance. I know one thing I am going to "get away" to is poetry readings. There are several in town, I'll start with the ones Mom and I attended together, see how I feel and then if it isn't too depressing going without Mom I will continue; otherwise I will find some new readings.

Go some place where the grass is green,
Eat something new and inspire your taste buds,
Take a trip away from the tourist traps.

Away from the pollution of city lights,
Where the stars of the Milky Way are shining bright,
A place where you can sit at a picnic table and write:
You need to take a staycation in spring.

Thought of the Day: “Get away from the crowd when you can. Keep yourself to yourself, if only for a few hours daily.” - Arthur Brisbane

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777476-War-Chest-Wednseday-Getting-Away