*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777473-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#777473 added March 13, 2013 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
What's what? It's mid-week and the end of two days off. I do have the weekend off; likely the last one for a while, and it's payday weekend. When I started this job, I also had payday weekends off. We get paid every other Saturday, if your wondering. I would say it was nice to have that schedule, but it changed soon after I started. For that matter, it changed almost every two weeks.

I work an evening shift, three days one week, four the next, and it's set to repeat over and over. Another person works the same shift, only opposite days. Schedules are set for each two week period, so at the end of the schedule, I just start afresh at the top again, or so I was told and so it was originally set up.

However, the person who worked counter to me, well she would want her weekend to work off, so the supervisor a that time would switch our schedules so that she would get her weekend off. This was done because she not only wanted at least one day every weekend, sometimes two, off, but she wanted it done so that she would not lose any hours.

In time, the supervisor was demoted and the position was offered to me. I really did not desire the position, but I sure as hell didn't want anyone in there who would keep screwing up the schedule. I was fed up with not knowing what days I had off and what days I worked until after the schedule was posted, and that was usually only a couple days before it went into effect. From that point on, the schedule has not changed, even though the same person continues to attempt the same thing. Now, however, she gets the day off, and who ever fills in for her gets the extra pay.

This has worked pretty good, except she had payday weekends off and I worked them. Monday after payday I would have off, with my wife, every two weeks. Only, she liked having it off with her weekend, so for her, payday weekend would be three days instead of two. This gets old fast, especially since I only have four days a month off with my wife, every other Monday and Tuesday. How to stop it? Switch the schedule so that she works payday weekends. Now, she would have to give up half her check to take the weekend off, since weekends are our long days.

It also has another reward for me; as supervisor, I am required to pick up the checks and bring them to the site for distribution. They usually come in on Thursday's, and there has been problems with them being distributed early, which is just all bad. We can get them on Friday, but payday is Saturday. So, I have to go in, get the checks, bring them out to the shack, and then I can go back home, since Friday before payday was my day off, also.

With the change to the schedule, I now work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, then get the weekend off. So, when checks come in, I pick them up, on Friday at the soonest, I distribute them, and I no longer have to come in on my day off. So, anyway, I need to end this and get on with my daily schedule so I can be done with everything before leaving for work.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777473-Wednesday