*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777453-Oh-no-I-Missed-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#777453 added March 13, 2013 at 1:42am
Restrictions: None
Oh no, I Missed Again
Written for entry on 3/12/2013
I wrote this just after midnight my time, for my entry on Tuesday.


It was one of those days where time just slips away. But, let me back up a bit and explain. I had two days off this week, yesterday and today. It's been kind of hectic and stressful at work, and as a site supervisor for a handful of security guards almost two hundred miles away from the home office, it not only makes things difficult, it can be very time consuming. As supervisor, I get paid a little bit more than the rest of the group, but only for hours on site and on duty. So, in other words, I don't get paid for much of my supervisor functions since they are done from home, or during my off duty time.

It's another story in itself as to why and how, but it is, and that is that. When things are going smoothly on site, I pretty much just go in and work my shift like everyone else. I still have a bit of paperwork to take care of and forms to fax, as well as scheduling. I also do an e-report once a week, so all in all, maybe a couple of hours of my off time, each week.

But, when things are not smooth, it can consume great amounts of time to deal with various situations. That is the case this week, and especially today. I took care of some items yesterday, and in following up today, I had to run in for a couple of hours. Then, I returned home, got some lunch and prepared for an afternoon of fishing. But first, I had to meet with management and go over a few more items, so another run in to the site, get the information I needed, then off to the lake.

I did get to enjoy a day of fishing, or at least a half a day by the time everything was taken care of. We barely got set up and I had a fish on, a nice Northern Pike. We did pretty well throughout the afternoon, and i returned home this evening with five nice sized Pike. It was a bit windy, which made it feel much colder than it was, but we had a shelter and did pretty well at staying warm out there. It passed way to quickly, and soon the sun was setting and it was time to get off the lake.

I stopped in town for a couple of things and then drove home. But, with the wind, there is considerable drifting and the roads were glazed and slick. It took a lot longer than anticipated to get home, then I had dinner with my sweet wife, watched a spot of TV, and then it's off to bed, but then, I remembered, I had not blogged yet.

So, a quick stop in here and then off to bed, which is where I am headed right now.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777453-Oh-no-I-Missed-Again