*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777428-Spring-needs-a-shower
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#777428 added March 12, 2013 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Spring needs a shower!
She woke a week ago and smiled at us. Today she shook the dandruff out of her hair. Then she yawned (oooh ...the smell). She needs a shower! Fortunately she's the generous sort. When she showers she shares with all of us. (Like a happy labrador.) *Rolleyes*

MEMEMEMEMEME ME:

The black smoke made me sigh relief. One more day of not being made pope!

I wouldn't want the job. Too much drama. Too much responsibility.

And red shoes... not so sure about those...

*Laugh**Wink**Bigsmile**Rolleyes**Pthb**Smile**Laugh**Wink**Bigsmile**Rolleyes**Pthb**Smile**Laugh**Wink**Bigsmile**Rolleyes**Pthb**Smile**Laugh**Wink**Bigsmile**Rolleyes**Pthb**Smile**Laugh**Wink**Bigsmile**Rolleyes**Pthb**Smile*

For Alfred: *Snow3*

I will be in Holland when the spring bulbs bloom. Not sure which will be blooming at the end of April, but something will.

When I get to Norway in mid-May I could see flakes again. Especially if I visit Røros first. It's an old mining town ...and cold.

But Paris... in April... hopefully they will have the pope straightened out by then ...or maybe he'll have the Catholics straightened out. If he speaks French...

At one point the papal seat was moved to Avignon.

Maybe Rome's the problem... *Worry*

Rome is not on this trip. Neither is Montenegro, Dubrovnik, Istanbul or Prague. There are so many places to visit! The trip itinerary is almost planned except for minor details in Holland and major details in Norway.

Norway is a problem because my wish list is way too long, some hostels don't open up until June when I'm gone, expenses must be considered, too cold for me to camp out (I'd have to learn how to first). But experience teaches me that in the end I'll manage.

Holland needs extra attention because of Queen's Day, the abdication and the coronation. Definitely the place to be! There are still beds available but there won't be... One thing nice is that Leiden (Keukenhof Gardens), Delft and 's Gravenhage (Den Haag) are all close to each other and not far from Amsterdam.

Delft in Holland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delft

Leiden in Holland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiden

Keukenhof Gardens (near Lisse):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keukenhof

Maastricht in Limburg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maastricht

Time to get serious!

Spring today: 43º and grey skies.
40,147

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777428-Spring-needs-a-shower