*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777327-Monday-Dread
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#777327 added March 11, 2013 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Monday Dread
OK, here we go again. I had this wrote out already, then reviewed my journal and found I had missed an entry. Well, I missed writing an entry a while back but yesterday I did write one but somehow managed to not save it. Or something, anyway it was not there, so I copied this one, and wrote one for the one I lost yesterday. I wanted to keep the pages in order by when, so I had to delete this one and enter the other first.

The idea was to just copy the entry, write the new one, then paste the other one here. Only I copied something else after and therefore lost this one. I'm doing great, you reckon? Anyway, here is a new entry to replace the other one I trashed.

I talked about how most people do not like Mondays, how they prefer the weekends. But I swing to the beat of a different stick. I know, that don't make sense; neither do I sometimes.

Weekends are alright, but they are crowded, high priced, and to full of unpleasant circumstance. I mean, there are all sorts of people out on the weekends, some good, some bad. Pretty people and ugly people, nice folk, and assholes. Rates go up as a result of so much demand, it's hard to find parking, it's often a wait to get to go or do, and when you do, your so packed in next to the next pilgrim, you can't even fully enjoy the experience. Then, there is all the competition to contend with. too.

I know, I used to be a weekend wanderer, too. Then, I got this job that had me work every other weekend. In between weekends I had a few weekdays off. I discovered that I could do almost as much during the week, but rates were cheaper, there was no crowding, and it was more relaxing. Peace and quiet compared to the hustle and bustle of the weekends.

The job sucked, but that is another story in itself. Wait, the job was alright, it was the management and related problems that made the job stink. Even the hours were terrible at twelve hours a day. The shift was nice, work four days get three off, then work three and get four off. If the company had made the long shifts less difficult, it would have been better. But, since the management stunketh, they were always short on help and that meant run constantly. Seriously, for twelve hours, there was no actual break. The idea was, between trucks, take a break here and there. This worked if there were enough on shift, but when your the shift instead of three, there just is no place for the break.

But, I digress. The job is not the issue, the time off is. I learned to enjoy the weekdays off more than the weekends. I also began to understand how precious and short life is. Now I take each day I wake up as a gift and something to be thankful for. I also got out of that job and have since then found a better job. I still work a varying shift similar to the one I mentioned. That means every other weekend off as well as the weekdays in between. I still prefer the weekdays off, they are quiet and peaceful.

This week, it is Monday and Tuesday I have off. So does my wonderful wife, so while the rest of them are shooting Monday as a traitor, we welcome the day. Of course, we appreciate everyday we have. Sure some are filled with un-pleasantries, but we work through them and soon find that we may not like all that comes in a given day, but the day itself is still a blessing to be thankful for.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777327-Monday-Dread