*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777173-The-Weather-Outside-is-Frightful
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#777173 added March 10, 2013 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
The Weather Outside is Frightful
The storm hit like predicted. It started raining yesterday while I was at work, and the wind picked up as the temperature dropped. It was cold and miserable at work, and by eight last night, There was ice everywhere. I got done at nine-thirty and Rhonda had the van scraped off and warmed up for me. That was a nice change, usually I end up waiting for her as I watch the driving conditions deteriorate.

Even though we got out of there sooner than usual, it was still slow going on the way home. It rained all night, well a mix of rain and freezing rain with little ice pellets now and again. By noon it was snowing hard, and by mid afternoon travel advisories were coming in. It's about blown over now, at ten in the evening. It will take a few days to dig out and get rid of the ice again, but for a change, I did not have to drive in to work and instead stayed home and relaxed for the day.

Tonight we spring ahead, and hopefully it will trigger the other spring. I'm ready and have been since last fall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I have a few minutes while we wait for Mr. and Mrs. Bugoo to come back in. They are our two Golden Retrievers, Hyko and Klarissa. How did we come up with a nick name like Bugoo? That's another story for another time.

We settled in to watch a little Netflix, and they both came over and informed us, in Bugoo terms of course, they wanted out. So while my wife and I take a little break, I thought I would add a few lines here to finish this entry up.

It's still not nice out, I can hear the wind howling outside the window. Both dogs are damp from blowing snow, but the weather person says it's letting up, the National Weather Service says the Winter Weather Advisory is cancelled, and it's suppose to be much nicer by morning. I do have to work tomorrow, but not until afternoon, so the roads should be cleared pretty well and the drive in will be fine. I also get done earlier tomorrow night, at eight. Then, if nothing changes, two days off in a row. I have not had that for almost a month.

Well, there is a pretty brunette waiting for some of my time. Another show, some snuggling under the quilt and holding hands while we watch it, and a pleasant end to a nice day off.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777173-The-Weather-Outside-is-Frightful