*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776615-The-End-is-Near
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#776615 added March 5, 2013 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
The End is Near
The end of the day, that is. It's only eleven here, but it's later than that in WDC land and I wanted to get this entry in while it's still Monday. I hope I made it. I did, it logged at, "Posted: 3-4-2013 @ 11:56 pm EST" but of course I went in to edit this so it will be after midnight  EST, but I'm still under the wire here in South Dakota.

I worked tonight, the eight day in a row, so I'm looking forward to having a day off tomorrow. I was set to have the weekend off, as well. On Saturday, there were plans to do a little ice fishing, and Sunday would be spent getting caught up on a few things around the house and hopefully in here. I found out, however, that my Beloved has Saturday off as well, and thought about switching the fishing to Sunday. That was before work.

Upon arriving at work, I talked to the person I was there to take over for and asked her if she had rescheduled her appointment for the 18th like she had said she was going to. She answered with a no, I still need that day off, and will schedule another one off, but not sure when. I told her that was fine, but to not schedule it for a Monday or Tuesday I am off.

Now, here's the deal, I get every other Monday and Tuesday off. My wife gets every Monday and Tuesday off. These are the only two days we get time together, so every other Monday and Tuesday is my Honey time. Well that is also the Monday after paydays -- every two weeks on Saturday, and the weekend this person has off. We also get every other weekend off on the weeks we don't have Mondays off. Hope that makes sense. Maybe I should have just put it out there as this, I work Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday one week, then Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday the next week. The other workers days or just the opposite.

So where was I? Oh yeah, she wants the middle Monday off almost every week. I told her this was getting to be a bit much, especially since another worker usually does the same thing on the first payday weekend, my other Monday off. She answered that she had to take off this Monday, because it was payday and she had to have the money. I explained she could set some money aside and do her stuff on Wednesday through Friday, her days off and not have to miss any work. I should add this person always wants extra hours, then takes time off.

Anyway, to make a long story shorter, it so happens that her and other worker do this monthly, so they each get one three day weekend on payday. Well, today it was just to much since she was going to change the appointment, but instead decided to take take the 18th off anyway, and then set up another appointment; which as she stated, would have to be the Monday after payday, One of my Mondays off.

Tomorrow I write up the next schedule and Wednesday I post it. She will be unpleasantly surprised to find that there is a major change taking place. She will get her Mondays after payday off, each one of them. But, she will also find that she now has to work payday weekends. Yep, she wanted the Mondays after payday off, so she gets them, I switched her and my schedules. Oh, and since she is a fill in if other workers need time off, she will be filling on when her friend pulls this on the first payday Monday.

As for me, it means one day off tomorrow, then back till Friday, off Saturday, and then back to work on Sunday. Kind of messed up, not much time for anything this week, but I will have next Monday and Tuesday off with my sweet lady. I'm sure she will try and work around it, claiming to need Saturday and Sunday off with the Monday, but that's alright, I can fill in on the weekend for her once a month if she wants to lose the hours, my lady works every weekend anyway.

Well, it's eleven-eighteen and it's time to shut this page down and relax for a bit with my wife before turning in for the night.

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776615-The-End-is-Near