*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775793-The-Question-To-legalize-or-Not-to-Legalize
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#775793 added February 23, 2013 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
The Question: To legalize or Not to Legalize
The February 23, 2013 for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If marijuana were legal, what do you think would be the biggest resulting problem or the biggest benefit?

To legalize or not to legalize that is the question. The biggest benefit to legalizing marijuana would me taxes, the government could tax it the same way they do cigarettes or alcohol. The resulting problems, with the exception of freeing up law enforcement to focus on other crimes, would remain the same. The detrimental effects of marijuana would be the same, but increased because more people would have access to it.

If there are medical benefits to marijuana, and this argument depends on the study and the prejudices of those doing the study, then legalization should be limited to doctors prescriptions. At least, until more unprejudiced studies are available on the issue. The legalization of marijuana or any other drug has more to do with maturity then anything else, we live in a society focused on immediate pleasures rather then long-term values.

Thought of the Day: Maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values. ~ Joshua L. Liebman

Mary Jane is a name
that once referred to shoes,
but now is a drug euphemism;
it makes one wonder
about human wisdom.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775793-The-Question-To-legalize-or-Not-to-Legalize